Clinton - Trump Live Debate Monday Sept. 26 Th.

If you are trying to get me to defend Trump, you are wasting your time. I have no pet politicians. My issue is with people who somehow come to this conclusion that Hillary is more honorable or less dangerous than Trump. She isn't. The difference is that Trump is what he is, no filters, no masks. What you see is what you get (which is a pile of shit) Hillary is the nice, kind, old lady that one day, out of nowhere, will stab you right in the heart without hesitation if somehow you get in her way.

I completely disagree with the notion that what you see is what you get with Trump. Unfiltered mouth maybe, but he has a lot of skeletons in his closet I bet, probably more than Hilary too. For example, the way he talks about minorities in public leads me to believe he is a flat out racist in private. The way he talks about women in public leads me to believe he is sexist at best and a pervert at worst in private (not an entirely baseless opinion it seems). But, he loves Mexicans, blacks, women, and muslims. That's a lot of love he gives.

Both of them are terrible candidates and the Republicans would be sitting on the presidency if they had not nominated Trump.

He has given the voice for the stupid and they have rallied behind him. It is a threatening enough situation that there is still a chance he will get to the White House. The problem for the non-stupid(?) is that Hilary is not their voice. She knows the system and will get her dream job because she happens to be slightly better than a guy, who let's face it, knows very little about the important subjects of running a country. He is low on facts because he does not know them and I have been shocked that no one has asked him to explain certain institutions and political notions in debates, because he would be showed up to be clueless.

That's Trump. Clinton has a different mask depending on who she is talking to. She is struggling to defeat a buffoon, but she will probably win by default, will likely have a fairly boring presidency and will not get a second term. I repeat my prediction, if Trump wins he will not finish his term in office.

I completely disagree with the notion that what you see is what you get with Trump. Unfiltered mouth maybe, but he has a lot of skeletons in his closet I bet, probably more than Hilary too. For example, the way he talks about minorities in public leads me to believe he is a flat out racist in private.

In private???? I guess you have not been paying attention. Nothing about Trump is shocking or surprising. He has been a racist, a bigot, demeaning to women and the ultimate frat bro since.....forever?
That is who he is.

"[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]not an entirely baseless opinion it seems"[/background]
I laughed out loud when I read this.

Trump is Trump. If you vote for him, you know what you are getting. Those people cannot be reasoned with. The problem I have is with the mismatch between who Hillary is, and what some otherwise smart and sensible people think she is.
She wants power. She is not looking out for you. She is not looking out for the working class. She is not looking out for the environment. Hillary looks out for Hillary, and for those who are useful to her on her path to ultimate power. That is it. She will say whatever she has to say, adopt whatever cause she has to adopt, abandon whatever cause she has to abandon, and ultimately even order the death of whomever she has to, in order to achieve her ultimate goal.

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]"I will have trouble sleeping at night if Donald Trump is elected. I will also have trouble sleeping at night if Hillary Clinton is elected. [/background]
[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]And as despicable as Donald Trump's words are, I find Hillary Clinton's actions and track record is very troubling," said Stein, sitting alongside her running mate Ajamu Baraka at CNN's Green Party town hall event."[/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]
cUFWGtR.png
[/background]

Camberiu .
The above is a huge simplification to say the least.
The size of your own ego projected in it almost matches Trump's conceit and that's pretty hard too do.

Camberiu .
The above is a huge simplification to say the least.
The size of your own ego projected in it almost matches Trump's conceit and that's pretty hard too do.

It would be a gross understatement to say it's obvious that Camberiu doesn't like or approve of HRC. That said, still I'd rather have her than DT, a classic narcissistic megalomaniacal nihilist.

It would be a gross understatement to say it's obvious that Camberiu doesn't like or approve of HRC. That said, still I'd rather have her than DT, a classic narcissistic megalomaniacal nihilist.

I am glad you noticed. Let's just say that her "yes" vote for the Iraq war, and the multi-trillion dollar bill and the hundreds of thousands of dead that came with it might have something to do with it.
Oh, and she voted YES on the Patriot act too.
And voted YES for the Wall Street Bail outs.
And she was the mastermind on the ousting of Qaddafi, which unleashed a brutal civil war in Libya.
And she wanted to go to war with Iran.
So yes, to say that I don't "like" Hillary is a huge understatement.

Do you "like" HRC? If you do, I feel sorry for you, because the feeling is not mutual. She does not give two shits about you. The world would be a much better place if we stopped having pet politicians. Kind, generous, charitable and empathetic people who want to make the world a better place volunteer, join a charity or a NGO. Only power hungry psychopaths become politicians. It is never about us, it is all about them. And the old saying is that in politics, the most refined shit always rises to the top, and that is why we are now choosing between Hillary and Trump.

Yes, I agree that things are better in the US than many, many other places in the world. Yet, how long will the US continue to better than many other status quos in the world?

I can't help but compare how life in the States was when I was a kid, a teenager, a young adult as a laborer and an office worker, an older adult as a businessman, and now a bit-more-than-middle-aged man looking back at what my father had to deal with compared to what I have to deal with. I'm not talking any kind of Golden Age. I'm talking about styles of life for a lot of people, seeming to me to go steadily down instead of up in the last 20-30 years. My father always thought that since his parent's time (starting say a decade or two into the 20th century) things had gone up for people, in general. I don't see it now. I can't even go into all the things I've seen be harder and more complicated for my kids than they were for me.

I know those feelings are common but I don't think they're borne out by facts.
We live longer!

Life expectancy:
le.jpg

We are richer!

GDP per capita, constant $
RealGDPperCapita-650x450.png

We know more!
Education:
Educational_Attainment_in_the_United_States_2009.png

Opportunities for minorities and women have gone up
cpswage.gif

Average $ per kWh (including taxes) is down over 30% in real terms!

Which is good because:
iPhones
Gigantic TVs
Robotic Vacuum cleaners
etc.

Not to mention I pulled all of those graphs of the internet in less than 2 minutes to refute a person I interact with through an online community.

Also, the ease and selection of good food is amazing. Sure, 30 years ago you could get a lot of ingredients in NY but if you lived in iowa you were generally screwed. Now even Alabama has Whole Foods.

In the US, kids these days don't get chicken pox! In 10-20 years they won't have to worry about HPV. In 100 I'm guessing that acne may be gone. HIV is no longer a death sentence.... I could go on

But most importantly for of all us the world has gotten smaller, when my parents were growing up, a long distance phone call cost a fortune, faxes were expensive and came out in black white. Now I can video chat with them from the other side of the planet for basically nothing. And back in the day travel was EXPENSIVE. So if you lived far from your family you probably wouldn't see them very often but travel has gotten much cheaper.
air21.jpg

I'm not sure what the nostalgia is all about. If I could pick any year to have been born in, well I'd pick 9999 (cause the parties on alpha centauri will kick ass i'm sure) but if it had to be with in the current range of history I'd pick to be reborn right now in 2016.

I am glad you noticed. Let's just say that her "yes" vote for the Iraq war, and the multi-trillion dollar bill and the hundreds of thousands of dead that came with it might have something to do with it.
Oh, and she voted YES on the Patriot act too.

Interesting that these old saws are still thrown around. CheneyBush and cronies wrapped everything up in a nice little package of lies to pass these through congress. Why has this been forgotten by Repubs?

http://time.com/4535798/donald-trump-congress-term-limits/ One day after he unveiled a new ethics plan, Donald Trump added one more potential reform to his wish list: A Constitutional amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress.

“If I’m elected president, I will push for a Constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress,” Trump said at a campaign rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Tuesday afternoon, to sustained cheers from the crowd. “Right? They’ve been talking about that for years.”

Trump’s campaign elaborated on the proposal in a press release emailed during the speech.

“Decades of failure in Washington, and decades of special interest dealing, must come to an end,” it says. “We have to break the cycle of corruption, and we have to give new voices a chance to go into government service. The time for Congressional term limits has arrived.”

His campaign proposed a six-year limit for the House and a 12-year cap for the Senate.

Trump is correct that Republicans have been kicking this idea around for years. It traces back to the “Contract With America” that congressional Republicans proposed in 1994, which included a measure that would have imposed a maximum term of 12 years for both senators and members of the House. The measure failed; it didn’t win two thirds of both the House and Senate required for passage.

Newt Gingrich was House Speaker at the time and pushed for the term limit amendment, and he’s now a close adviser to Trump. Under the Constitution, the president plays no formal role in approving constitutional amendments.

http://time.com/4535...ss-term-limits/ One day after he unveiled a new ethics plan, Donald Trump added one more potential reform to his wish list: A Constitutional amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress.

It traces back to the “Contract With America” that congressional Republicans proposed in 1994, which included a measure that would have imposed a maximum term of 12 years for both senators and members of the House. The measure failed; it didn’t win two thirds of both the House and Senate required for passage.

Under the Constitution, the president plays no formal role in approving constitutional amendments.

And under Article Five of the Constitution, the States can convene and propose amendments without Congressional action.

Then three fourths of the states have to ratify any proposed amendments in order for them to be adopted.

Mark Levin has detailed the process, the philosophy behind it, and proposed amendments in "The Liberty Amendments" which is available in PDF on line.

https://archive.org/stream/pdfy-maShbNnbuLqh8kqJ/The%20Liberty%20Amendments%20[Restoring%20The%20American%20Republic]_djvu.txt

Here is a quick link to the proposed amendments: https://www.scribd.com/document/160843892/The-Liberty-Amendments-as-proposed-by-Mark-Levin

JoeGillis:
Camberiu can not like or approve of HRC all he wants to.What disturbs me about his post I questioned is his apparent desire to startle and awe with sensationalist exaggeration in order to appear all knowledgeable and to draw attention to himself.
Definition of awe: A feeling of respect or reverence mixed with dread and wonder.Often inspired by something majestic or powerful.
As Joeschmoe once put it so adroitly wanting to appear as a "smart ass".

Back