Clothing in buenos aires

No offense deeve but, this isn´t Sydney. I am from Los Angeles where there are a lot of dangerous neighborhoods with gangs armed to the teeth. We have more guns than anyone probably and yet, it isn´t Los Angeles either. Some of those neighborhoods at home I would go to during the day. Others I wouldn´t dare. As a local I knew which ones were in which category. This is one here that I would take the locals advice on. The once neighborhood for example I think it totally do-able in comparison. I would go there without too much worry, easy.

Besides if you are really stuck on buying something from La Salada, you can buy online. I think some will arrange to meet you somewhere else if you buy a certain amount. I am not sure but, I was told you don´t have to put your credit card or anything online. You arrange payment & pickup with the sellers.

Update- This is the online shopping link I was told about. http://www.mercadolasalada.com/
I haven´t tried though so, I have no idea what the experience is like. Does anyone?

deeve007 said:
We have places in Sydney where many [white] Sydney-siders don't go due to "safety issues", yet they're just fine in the day time.

Locals aren't always right.

this isnt Sydney. dont recommend stuff that dont you have a clue about and can be dangerous.

my guess is youre just talking cuz u have some free time.

or u went to salada, but u didnt know u had protection there when you go with a bus that works for that place.

most locals dont go there, cuz its illegal and anything can happen. some ppl go, but with a group on a bus. if u go alone u will surely face problems, like ''peajes'', nasty ppl asking for money to let u pass.

and prices are good there, but quality is awful.

my guess is youre just talking cuz u have some free time.
Incorrect. I'm trying to share some knowledge from similar previous experiences. You?

most locals dont go there...
Then who are the crowds I see in any photo/video of the place?

I was also told not to go into Kibera slum in Nairobi, Kenya, by many locals and foreigners. But after being in Kenya for a while and learning a little more about it, once again it's one of those "common sense" things that you could do in the daylight, with your wits about you.

Blatantly many "locals" do go to La Salada otherwise it wouldn't exist. Does that mean every foreigner should go there? Obviously not, but nor should every foreigner be too scared to go if they really want to.

Back