Coffee and WiFi

lastlucy

Registered
Greetings all, so the weather is finally starting to warm up! I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for a great cafe/coffee shop with a nice out door patio and good WiFi? Nice ambiance would be a plus too. What are your favorite spots!

I love the Starbucks on Maure. Nice corner, great staff, and good WiFi. Starbucks for me as been a welcome addition to BA. Fast service, coffee to go, and no obligation to buy just to hang out. Let the Starbucks bashing begin!!!!

Establecimiento General de Café is really nice (they have a few locations) but the best one is on Pueyrredon y Arenales where there is an outdoor patio /garden.

http://www.estcafe.com.ar/

Cafe Pinot in Guemes Square (Palermo Viajo) meets your requirements. Waitresses are surly but nice. Excellent WiFi and a very nice square. Good food.

There are a couple of cafes at the intersection of Charcas and Bulnes. Nice thing there is that the side of the street they are on is pedestrian only so you won't be choking on exhaust fumes.

Starbucks gives you more bang for your buck. It's still expensive, but you can get more quality Americano at Starbucks than you can at Martinez. I think it's about 12 pesos for a Grande at Sbux and 11 pesos for a Doble (smaller) at Martinez.

Just another tip: Be very careful if you're outside in an exposed area with your laptop, such as a sidewalk or a park... even outside of Starbucks in Alto Palermo. You're a very easy target for motochorros... :(

bradlyhale said:
Just another tip: Be very careful if you're outside in an exposed area with your laptop, such as a sidewalk or a park... even outside of Starbucks in Alto Palermo. You're a very easy target for motochorros... :(

I would take it a step further and recommend not to use your laptop on the sidewalk... find a café with a terrace or patio in the back - I've heard too many horror stories, just not worth it.

razal said:
I would take it a step further and recommend not to use your laptop on the sidewalk... find a café with a terrace or patio in the back - I've heard too many horror stories, just not worth it.

Heh, I believe I tried to imply that without sounding too motherly. ;) I don't even use my laptop by a window. It doesn't matter much, anyway. The motochorros could walk in, go downstairs, grab a laptop, and no one would do or say anything. Again, yo, argentino.

From personal experience, I know that the Starbucks at Callao & Viamonte has a downstairs with great WiFi and outlets to plugin (other locations might as well). Also, the Aroma Cafe at Callao & Corrientes has good WiFi, a downstairs, and outlets to plug in.

Back