Coffee Chat, Tuesday 14 June 1600-1900 Starbucks

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Also, I felt uncomfortable that only a few people bought drinks to sit at the table. I know that nobody from Starbucks challenges this but I personally feel it is dishonest to be sitting at their tables and chairs without paying for the privilege.[/background]

My understanding is that the whole outside area is a common space provided by Alto Palermo, and not specific to any business. With the money my wife drops there in a year, all of our rent is paid up in advance.

It's neither dishonest nor abusive.

The outside tables at Alto Palermo are for the usage of customers of the shopping center and non-customers. Consumption from Starbucks and McDonald's is not a requirement to utilize the sitting area. It is also not a requirement to consume while sitting in the food court on the 2nd floor. As well, there is no charge to access wi-fi while sitting without the necessity to consume.

I am one of the attendees of the expat chat group who buys coffee and sweets at McDonald's at every get-together. I am in no obligation to so nor feel "dishonest" if I choose not to make a purchase at any given meeting.

Checked this noon the Starbucks Space usage :cool: ... Some students consumed nothing just use wi-fi. others come with lunch boxes, others buy a coffee. So if feel guilt . consume !

Sorry for being slow, is there a coffee chat tomorrow and is there a roughly good time ?
Thanks

Sorry for being slow, is there a coffee chat tomorrow and is there a roughly good time ?
Thanks

Yes from 4 PM to & 7 PM.........

It does not matter when you arrive all the cool people will get up and leave.

Jeez just show up when you can.

I'll inquire if the café area in the Biblioteca de Congreso is available for a conversation group for three hours or if silence is strictly maintained.

I'll check to see how many people use the café area from 4-7pm.

If the space can be used for the coffee chats, I'll inquire about what is on the menu and the prices.

It would be nice to sit in a heated space and hear the conversation. And how nice it would be to use an air-conditioned space in the summertime.

We can take in a movie at the library after the chats.

turnouts have ranged from 6 to 22 .! The peak hour may be around 5.30 pm

Back