Colectivos! Best info, changes, reasons, etc

donnay

Registered
I'm about to be driven crazy with the recent changes to the colectivos. Someone has decided that there should be no buses in San Telmo anymore, so we have to walk 3 or 4 blocks now. None of my apps are very good at keeping up with the information. Moovit is best, but even the official sites have it wrong. From all of the Argies yelling at the bus drivers, it seems that there are a few other people who are upset at this change too. People pick their living location by transportation options, so this doesn't make sense to me. Any ideas on how to deal with this situation?

I understand that some bus lines transferred to the Metrobus stops. Historical centers in other parts of the world don't even have bus lines running inside those neighborhoods so I'm sure that there is some logic for this decision.

The official press release said it was to reduce noise in the neighborhood. But I'm not sure if the neighbors are so pleased with quiet over lack of service.

I understand that some bus lines transferred to the Metrobus stops. Historical centers in other parts of the world don't even have bus lines running inside those neighborhoods so I'm sure that there is some logic for this decision.
Silvie, no offense intended, but I don't give a donkeyfart what they do "in other parts of the world".

No such app exists for my phone. And I don't use Twitter.

Might help?

Back