Comedian Robin Williams Dead: Apparent Suicide.

Robin lives forever as... John Keating in Dead Poet's Society

http://corthodoxy.fi...patch-adams.jpg

0011398369.jpg

This is interesting, because I was really moved by this movie. I couldn't get the sleep the night after watching it and ended out climbing down the tree outside my window (I was ~19) and walking around in the yard, down the street, down several streets and about 5 miles in all... barefoot... just kind of thinking about the comparisons between this character and my favorite teacher at my all-boys prep school who had gone to my school as well and returned to teach in a rather unorthodox manner.

I was part of a group of 7 guys who had a group name and would go out to this teacher's ranch, light massive bonfires, have firecracker wars that led to bottle rocket wars that led to Roman Candle wars. (What can I say? I come from a warring culture.) This teacher was totally our inspiration through high school and into college. He was always invited to people's weddings and never lost his enthusiasm for teaching, even after he retired from the school.

About 2 1/2 years ago, that teacher committed suicide.

Yes I agree with many others I normally am not so touched but the death of a "star" but this one is very sad, indeed, for many reasons. He will be missed

The man who has "everything", killed himself. He really likes SF. Initially he lived in Sea Cliff area in SF with his ex-wife, a big pink house. After that, he left the house to his ex-wife, moved to Tiburon, one of the top 10 expensive area in US, across the Bay with his new woman.
Tiburon is always foggy and cold, that makes him more depressed. I think he will be happier to live in BsAs, where there are so many people on the street.
I always like him, but always consider him to be a crazy person. Sad.

Why funny people kill themselves? On Robin Williams´death.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/robin-williams-why-funny-people-kill-themselves/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage

The man who has "everything", killed himself. He really likes SF. Initially he lived in Sea Cliff area in SF with his ex-wife, a big pink house. After that, he left the house to his ex-wife, moved to Tiburon, one of the top 10 expensive area in US, across the Bay with his new woman.
Tiburon is always foggy and cold, that makes him more depressed. I think he will be happier to live in BsAs, where there are so many people on the street.
Oh yeah, Buenos Aires is full of happy people just like Disneyland. People singing and dancing on the streets! OMG - are you joking or smoking something?

Oh yeah, Buenos Aires is full of happy people just like Disneyland. People singing and dancing on the streets! OMG - are you joking or smoking something?

Well, garryl's post just goes to show that there is still a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to mental illness and addiction. These are not things that can be magically cured by a simple change in location, some sunshine or seeing people on the street, but a lot of people out there still think it's that simple. Just cheer up, just stop drinking, you are rich and famous so you should be happy, etc. etc.

Well, garryl's post just goes to show that there is still a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to mental illness and addiction. These are not things that can be magically cured by a simple change in location, some sunshine or seeing people on the street, but a lot of people out there still think it's that simple. Just cheer up, just stop drinking, you are rich and famous so you should be happy, etc. etc.
I do not believe he can be magically cured. I got depressed every time I visit Tiburon, cold and foggy every morning.

I am joking and smoking.

Ha ha, Seacliff isn't exactly sunny and warm. It is beautiful, though.

Back