Coming In April - Do I Have It Right?

Line H the new Subway its the only subway line worth mentioning modern cars and stations , escalators , murals , LED , high ceilings,clear led signals, aircon etc.

the other lines are from the early 20th century claustrophobic tunnels, have to climb steps on narrow tunnels wide enough for one person, suffocating in summer, reminds me of the catacombs , B)

Check out http://mapa.buenosaires.gob.ar/comollego to find out subway and bus routes to/from anywhere in the city and outskirts. There is also an app for your cell phone called "BA como llego"

Line H the new Subway its the only subway line worth mentioning modern cars and stations , escalators , murals , LED , high ceilings,clear led signals, aircon etc.

the other lines are from the early 20th century claustrophobic tunnels, have to climb steps on narrow tunnels wide enough for one person, suffocating in summer, reminds me of the catacombs , B)

Lets appreciate the city has subway which helps keeping 1000's of cars of the road daily

There are so many major cities in the world without a subway and its a nightmare for a residents daily.

Forget the subway, the train is much better...especially with the new cars. Check out places cose to the Mitre and Tigre lines stops, like in Belgrano. Too many tourists in Palermo and Recoleta anyway.

You'll be coming in the late part of fall and beginning of winter. Make sure to pack sweaters. It gets a bit cold here in winter.
June, July & August are the coldest. Temps drop into the 40º and sometimes high 30º.

There is a popular app for your phone we use here "on the ground" called Moovit.

With that, you will be able to navigate buses and subways very easily. It even has "get off" alerts that help you know when it's time to get off. So much easier than the dark ages when we were all glued to the Guia-T map...

Check it out.

Hi Phillip,

I don't live in the Capital, but I work from home also and I'm way out in the boonies of Pilar where internet can be sketchy in some areas but Fibertel works fine for me. They offer more packages in the city than they do out here for the highest speeds available, but ask the service provider what will allow you to comfortably work on Skype and do video chats or things along those lines and they'll tell you what you need. It's not super expensive, but definitely don't go with the lowest package they offer because it wont be fast enough. I use Skype and GoToMeeting daily, it's perfectly fine.

I use Claro for phone service - I recommend it.

Danielle

and i would use this site to guide you as to what buses/subways/train station to use when traveling in the city. http://comollego.ba.gob.ar/

I'VE HAD MY PLACE IN SAN TELMO FOR 6 YEARS...I LOVE MY NEIGHBORHOOD. ANOTHER XPAT CALLED IT A "S***HOLE", I WONDER IF MOST PEOPLE FEEL THAT WAY?

Back