Common Attire

HDM said:
You know, cujodu, it's not that I disagree with your messages, but couldn't you have said it with less venom?

it is the nature of expats website all over the world that they are dominated by the whiners and moaners. It is the nature of the beast. I read these as entertainment, and sometimes for information, and that means it's not worth getting much worked up over.

Yes, I could have said it with less venom, but it's at the point of ridiculous on this board, a few know-it-all's want to tell everyone else their opinions are wrong. I'd prefer a board where everyone was free to share and expound on ideas, rather than where people get pounced on by a few narcissistic types who use every opportunity to stroke their egos or attack others for even having an opinion.

cujodu said:
Yes, I could have said it with less venom, but it's at the point of ridiculous on this board, a few know-it-all's want to tell everyone else their opinions are wrong. I'd prefer a board where everyone was free to share and expound on ideas, rather than where people get pounced on by a few narcissistic types who use every opportunity to stroke their egos or attack others for even having an opinion.

You know, cujodu, you made me feel quite "attacked" when I posted on a thread about taking a pet into (rather than out of) Argentina. I was "pounced upon" because I wasn't following some unwritten rule that you assumed I should be following, but regardless I was utilizing this forum as a place to "expound on ideas" and try to help someone out. Sounds to me a little bit like the pot calling the kettle black. Point is, it's a public forum. There will be people here who you don't like don't want to hear from. That's what the "add to ignore list" option is for.

Bianca said:
You know, cujodu, you made me feel quite "attacked" when I posted on a thread about taking a pet into (rather than out of) Argentina. I was "pounced upon" because I wasn't following some unwritten rule that you assumed I should be following, but regardless I was utilizing this forum as a place to "expound on ideas" and try to help someone out. Sounds to me a little bit like the pot calling the kettle black. Point is, it's a public forum. There will be people here who you don't like don't want to hear from. That's what the "add to ignore list" option is for.

Yes, point taken, you're right, I publicly and wholeheartedly apologize about that pet thread because your posts have been pretty helpful. However, there are a small handful of people who make a hobby of acting that way and never provide much useful information, but just attack and denigrate the posts of others. I will begin using the ignore function more regularly.

Back