Comodoro Rivadavia

AlexanderB

Registered
I would be curious for opinions on Comodoro Rivadavia as a side trip--I mean on its own terms, not as compared to something else, like Ushuaia.

It looks rather interesting. However, I have discovered in my travels that what I deem, a priori, to be interesting, is often not, in fact, interesting. I'm kind of an oaf. If I didn't know better from reading this forum and other sources, I might well have thought that Colonia is interesting. I recently visited Dilijan, Armenia, in November, far outside its summer tourist season, and admit that while I was warned that an off-season visit is not as interesting, I was not prepared for just how thoroughly, completely uninteresting it would be. I was one of 4 guests in a 150-room resort hotel, and there really was nobody and nothing in town! As with all Armenian provinces outside of Yerevan, there just isn't much left once you factor the tourists out. (On the plus side, the prices matched this scenario satisfactorily.)

Side-trip to do what exactly? It's a port and base for the oil industry 24 hours from Buenos Aires by road.

Based on my experience passing through Comodoro Rivadavia once on a bus, Colonia is the most interesting place in comparison.

Back