is this area a crime hot spot? avenida rivadavia

BROOKLYN

Registered
im looking into booking at Hotel Carrara on avenida rivadavia near the spinneto shopping mall. how is this area? I will be traveling with my dad

BROOKLYN said:
im looking into booking at Hotel Carrara on avenida rivadavia near the spinneto shopping mall. how is this area? I will be traveling with my dad

Haha shopping mall is a very very generous classification for Spinneto. Its more like a grocery store with a barbershop and a pago facil.

That said, rividavia at that altura is dirty and dingy, AND LOUD. 24hrs a day it is one of the busiest streets in the city.

But as has been mentioned many times, there really aren't that many "crime hotspots" in Buenos Aires, you're probably as likely to be robbed at rividavia & pasco as in palermo.

BROOKLYN said:

Five blocks from Plaza Once that is notorious for prostitution would not be my choice.

I'm sorry BROOKLYN. I can't help but ask. I've seen you ask several questions on this forum about the safety of different areas of the city. I see you're not here now, but you've been a member since Dec. 2010. When you were in BA before, did you not get to know the city at all? I don't have any problem giving anyone advice, but first you asked about a place near Constitución and now a place near Plaza Once. I feel as though you must know that these are not ideal tourist areas and are just asking for....(I don't know what reason?)? If you're worried about crime, then obviously the cheapest hostels and hotels in BsAs are probably not where to look.

Not safe if you don´t know what you are doing. If you asked, it is not for you.

I would not pick that area to stay in. Av. Rivadavia is acceptable for tourists around the area of Congreso (there are a couple of nice hotels there, but they are not inexpensive) and again around Flores, close to Medrano, and around the Río de Janeiro subway station of the 'A' line which is Flores going into Caballito. The rest of Av. Rivadavia I would avoid at night times especially. Your best best is a short term rental apartment. Even if you pay $400 U$ / week that comes out to about $58 U$ per day, which is cheaper than any hotel that is halfway decent and you have a kitchen, bathroom, and usually internet, local phone, TV and housekeeping. Look at some of the rental sites, ByT Argentina, and a bunch of others (that many people on this site could help with) and could give you recommendations.

Davidglen77, Caballito is closer to Downtown than Flores (hint: check the train stations).
Most central subway station to Caballito would be Acoyte, standing next to Parque Rivadavia and past Rio de Janeiro.

Davidglen77 said:
Río de Janeiro subway station of the 'A' line which is Flores going into Caballito.
What??? Surely you mean almagro going in to caballito...

Back