Companies Flee Argentina, and Coronavirus Is Just One Reason

They are not so dumb - the country gets poorer but unionists and politicians, with all their friends and relations, get richer.

They are dumb because even if they are rich, they keep living shitty lives in Argentina. If I had 40 millions dollars like Máximo Kirchner, I wouldn't spend my days in Argentina badly dressed and faking I am not rich.
I have never seen these 'rich people' enjoying a luxurious vacation in a tropical island.

I have never seen these 'rich people' enjoying a luxurious vacation in a tropical island.

Then you aren't looking enough:

Según pudo saber Infobae, la AFIP autorizó a Aimé a comprar 900 dólares para su viaje. En promedio, un paquete en el exclusivo balneario mexicano, incluyendo el viaje en avión y alojamiento en un hotel 3 estrellas durante una semana, puede conseguirse a partir de 13 mil pesos en las agencias de viaje.

They are dumb because even if they are rich, they keep living shitty lives in Argentina. If I had 40 millions dollars like Máximo Kirchner, I wouldn't spend my days in Argentina badly dressed and faking I am not rich.

They go low key like Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo in Private Yachts $$$ or like Bill Gates in a $ 5 MM yacht tour spree of the Adriatic,,!
or like Facundo Moyano a catch enjoys the BEST... with Union Funds ?

Recent article from Bloomberg, sounds like lots of companies are leaving Argentina. Seems to me these sort of issues might take a long time to fix, and might get worse before they get better. What are your thoughts about the future and what can be done to fix it, and if you think it will get improved?

For Multinational Corporations Argentina is 1 % of their Market and 10 % of the headaches, That's why they leave..!

Andrés Borenstein, economista: “Para las multinacionales la Argentina es el 1% de la facturación y el 10% de los dolores de cabeza, por eso se van”

Same for many international airlines.
South African Airways operated between EZE and JNB for decades. It was one of the highest earning routes on their network with consistently excellent load factors, but after you take every changing currency controls, unions, labour laws, unpredictable inflation and prices, ANAC, Aerolineas and everything else that is Argentina it becomes such a pain in the ass that they gave up and moved all ops to an otherwise lower earning GRU. Qantas abandoned EZE for SCL despite the fact that it overlaps with its codeshare partner there. Turkish and Emirates are shedding EZE frequencies in favour of extra GRU / GIG flights. Air New Zealand gave up and vowed never to return, instead thinking of SCL or Brazil in future. Frankly speaking, it is better to let those annoying Argentines make their own way to you in Brazil or Chile or load them onto an AR code-share rather than try to do them any service, especially when you have a bigger catchment area to worry about. Why can't we have nice things...

. Air New Zealand gave up and vowed never to return, .
I flew Air New Zealand 4 times EZE - Auckland - EZE. Really a brilliant flight and best way to travel to Asia. Normally I would stay 1 night in Auckland before flying to Singapore or Hong Kong. It was absolutely perfect. Much better than flying via Los Angeles or Europe or Middle East. What a pity!

Back