Any advice on buying a condo in BA. Trustworthy realtors and companies?

rbulf

Registered
Any advice on buying property in BA. I’m in Canada and frequently visit but may move soon.

Any advice on buying property in BA. I’m in Canada and frequently visit but may move soon.
Every realtor is out to cheat you somehow, if the price seems too good to be true there's some hidden gotcha you're missing, and once you find a property you like it's best to find your own people for everything to minimize the chances of them colluding to really screw you over. If you have friends have them recommend people to help you. There's a number of steps where things can go horribly, horribly wrong in ways you aren't used to. Pay particular attention to the part about bringing the purchase price in cash to closing in a trash bag full of $100 bills and plan backwards from avoiding that part going wrong.

I'm going to reiterate the part about the real estate agents being absolute garbage, like, they failed out of used car salesman school for being too sleezy so they went into real estate instead. If you're buying in the provincia I can provide recommendations of people I worked with who were honest, CABA someone else will have to give you recommendations.

Perhaps, go thru the pages, like zonaprop.com, and find the place you like. More than likely is in the hands of a broker. Or go to soloduenos.com to deal with owners.when you have zeroed on the location, like Palermo, the type of apt. how many sq. meters and value. You may need a real estate person.

I had a good experience with Remax recently and years ago with Achaval Cornejo, but I doubt they will do anything unless you are in the country. Having a reliable escribano is key. It also depends on what you are looking for and where.

Every realtor is out to cheat you somehow, if the price seems too good to be true there's some hidden gotcha you're missing, and once you find a property you like it's best to find your own people for everything to minimize the chances of them colluding to really screw you over. If you have friends have them recommend people to help you. There's a number of steps where things can go horribly, horribly wrong in ways you aren't used to. Pay particular attention to the part about bringing the purchase price in cash to closing in a trash bag full of $100 bills and plan backwards from avoiding that part going wrong.

I'm going to reiterate the part about the real estate agents being absolute garbage, like, they failed out of used car salesman school for being too sleezy so they went into real estate instead. If you're buying in the provincia I can provide recommendations of people I worked with who were honest, CABA someone else will have to give you recommendations.
What is the sample size of real estate agents that led to this conclusion?

they dont have condos in BA. you can buy an apartment outright, and you will have a somewhat similar situation to a condo, in that you have monthly building expenses to pay for common usage things like lights in the hallway and encargado (doorman) but legally its not like a condo.

they dont have condos in BA. you can buy an apartment outright, and you will have a somewhat similar situation to a condo, in that you have monthly building expenses to pay for common usage things like lights in the hallway and encargado (doorman) but legally its not like a condo.
I'm curious what the difference is? If you own your unit, how is it not like a condo? Or is it like a co-op, where you own a certain small percentage of the building, equivalent to the size of your unit?

Back