Compulsory blood test to get married!!!???

nicoenarg

Registered
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
1,778
Likes
1,488
erian said:
Has any expats who have married an Argentine had the experience of having to get a blood test exactly 7 days before you get married or else they will not marry you??

I know an English guy here who tomorrow has to get it done. Bizarre!!! Is it true?

Its true they won't marry you without the blood test but that is just a requirement just like other mindless requirements in this country.

Anyway, the test is actually for the people getting married to know if there are any serious diseases that one of the people had that the other didn't know about. Even if you have HIV, and the other partner is okay with it, then the marriage will proceed as planned.

We were told to go to a public hospital. Never given a chance to go to private clinics. We got married in the Capital. Rules here change based on what day of the month it is and whether Cristina got laid the last night or not, so I'd advise you to go to the Registro Civil of your area and find out what they ask for.
 

Gringoboy

Registered
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
4,624
Likes
4,688
I was pretty gobsmacked when i first heard about this blood test nonsense tbh.
In fact I still am; but I won't let this immovable object stand in our way.

Dirtboy, was your judge on paco when she went through all that spiel?
 

Montauk_Project

Registered
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
770
Likes
846
Most people don´t read about what marriage is really about, they get swept up with romantic feelings and the party.
If you want to leave your partner and he or she doesn´t agree, or doesn´t like the terms, they can DRAG IT OUT FOR YEARS. You can be SUED for damages for infidelity.
You can be SUED for leaving your home (abandono de hogar). Everything your earn, your spouse gets HALF.
A JUDGE WILL DECIDE over your sentimental life.
BTW, under Agentine law, there is no difference between children born in and out of wedlock.
AND they make you take a blood test.
Inform yourselves about the contract (yes, it is a contract even though you can´t write it yourself) that you are entering into.
 

steveinbsas

Registered
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
9,811
Likes
5,852
Marriage has nothing to do with love or romance.

It is an agreement which is enforceable by the state to protect the interests of women and children.

Men want to marry women because they want the woman to love them forever.

Women want to marry men because they want the men to provide for them forever.

"Speaking quite generally, of course."

(Albert Finney, "Two For The Road" with Audrey Hepburn...1967.)
 

Crema Americana

Registered
Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
1,405
Likes
1,145
scotttswan said:
Personally i have no problem with having test but it really should be brought into the modern world.


In the modern world people have sex long before getting married. :D These tests come a little late for most of us I'm afraid!

The whole system is antiquated and I have my doubts if they actually test the blood. I passed out while getting my blood taken... I didn't see any blood in the tube, but there may have been a drop. Thankfully the Dr. was rather kind and didn't make me do it again. :eek: At no time did I actually see the results since my husband picked them up and took them straight to the registro after everything came out fine. You can even have a third party pick it up.

If you really want to know if your future spouse has an STD, I'd strongly suggest going to a private clinic and getting it done on your own time and dime. I wouldn't put much faith on this tramite at all. ;) To be honest I don't even know what they test for.
 

Lamb

Registered
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
260
Likes
158
steveinbsas said:
Marriage has nothing to do with love or romance.

It is an agreement which is enforceable by the state to protect the interests of women and children.

Men want to marry women because they want the woman to love them forever.

Women want to marry men because they want the men to provide for them forever.

"Speaking quite generally, of course."

(Albert Finney, "Two For The Road" with Audrey Hepburn...1967.)

You could argue that most of the history of marriage was about keeping women in a cage, and has mostly served men more than protect womens interest.
 

jago25_98

Registered
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
196
Likes
21
Lamb said:
You could argue that most of the history of marriage was about keeping women in a cage, and has mostly served men more than protect womens interest.

They're breaking out and running amok! Shoes! Childcare! Kinky boots! Shoes! No bras! Single mums! Consumerism! Designer clothes! Shoes!
 

solerboy

Registered
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
354
Likes
161
Lamb said:
You could argue that most of the history of marriage was about keeping women in a cage, and has mostly served men more than protect womens interest.


No all marriages involve women.
 

Gringoboy

Registered
Joined
Sep 18, 2009
Messages
4,624
Likes
4,688
We've been living in sin together for more than seven years and if I were even to suggest a visit to a clinic to test whether she had an STD or even HIV, I'm pretty damn sure sure that she would regard this as a gross insult. And vice versa.
What possible concern is it for the authorities, the sexual health or otherwise of us all?
It's an infringement of privacy.
 

solerboy

Registered
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
354
Likes
161
Gringoboy said:
We've been living in sin together for more than seven years and if I were even to suggest a visit to a clinic to test whether she had an STD or even HIV, I'm pretty damn sure sure that she would regard this as a gross insult. And vice versa.
What possible concern is it for the authorities, the sexual health or otherwise of us all?
It's an infringement of privacy.

I remember seing lots of old hollywood movies where the characters have had to take blood tests in the US.

Maybe they have been abolished in the US now, but they are not an Argentine invention .
 
Top