Confusing collectivo maps

I used to use a little book when I lived in Buenos Aires. I assume that doesn’t exist anymore. All the same an app should be more responsive.
Guia T. It hasnt been printed in about 5 years. I always carried one in my back pocket, but that was before I had a cellphone here.
Being a book and map guy, I loved Guia T, and still have a few stashed here and there, just for nostalgia. Most post cellphone people never learn to read a map, relying on voices from the ether to tell them where to go, which works 95% of the time, until it doesnt. I am old.

Omnilineas is my app of choice, and it ALWAYS lists the Ramals, and, if you click on the ramals, it will show you the route of each one separately.
Google is usually crap, on every level, as the entire company is devoted to clickbait and selling you ads, so their mapping, especially routing, is wrong once in a while in Argentina- directing you drive the wrong way on one way streets, telling you to drive down dead ends, etc.

I love my old, worn out and crumpled Guia-T. So, some bits are out of date but it's easy enough to remember which bits whereas if you are relying on Google or some other app which is 95% accurate, you never can tell which 5% is wrong until you get stuck with a problem.

For me, the accuracy is as follows, and in order: Omnilineas ---> Como Llego ---> Google Maps.

Google Maps needs an audit in the city, or just pay Omnilineas for their data and API. I report problems when I encounter them, but I don't think many people do this or even know they can. There are times where the bus stop doesn't exist, the route is wrong, the address isn't on the right side of the street, or several blocks over, and major things still too even, such as one of the busses that used to run on my street is now part of the 9 de Julio Metrobus system and still years later, it shows a stop and route for it near my apt.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Expat Life 14
I Expat Life 6
B Newcomers Forum 2
Back