Continental Airlines Pet Ransom

cujodu said:
I'm talking about flying OUT of Buenos Aires, not into, the rates are different! Incredulously different, at least on Continental Airlines.

Yes, we get that. This is the first time we have heard anything about excess charges for exporting a pet.

It still ain't right.

Nor good publicity for the airline.

cujodu said:
I'm talking about flying OUT of Buenos Aires, not into, the rates are different! Incredulously different, at least on Continental Airlines.

Are you leaving Buenos Aires for good? Why?

steveinbsas said:
Yes, we get that. This is the first time we have heard anything about excess charges for exporting a pet.

It still ain't right.

Nor good publicity for the airline.

You might have got it, but there were several posts about how much people were paying to bring their pet INTO Buenos Aires. So, not everyone got it, I was clarifying for their benefit then. But thanks for letting me know.

I just checked with United and they still permit carrying small pets in the cabin for the "excess baggage" fee of $200 USD out of Buenos Aires, same fee for flights to Buenos Aires. The cargo area here says Continental sets the rate at $800 USD for taking pets out of Buenos Aires, and the guy at the cargo dept here in EZE says they have many angry callers because Continental doesn't tell people that on the flight TO Buenos Aires, but when they get here or make arrangements to take their pet back, they suddenly find out the rate.

cujodu said:
I just checked with United and they still permit carrying small pets in the cabin for the "excess baggage" fee of $200 USD out of Buenos Aires, same fee for flights to Buenos Aires. The cargo area here says Continental sets the rate at $800 USD for taking pets out of Buenos Aires, and the guy at the cargo dept here in EZE says they have many angry callers because Continental doesn't tell people that on the flight TO Buenos Aires, but when they get here or make arrangements to take their pet back, they suddenly find out the rate.

I have to travel to the US in the summer & I was under the impression that only Delta allowed dogs to fly in cabin. I'm happy to hear United also allows dogs in cabin.

Now, I just called Continental. They say they do not allow dogs in cabin. Is this new? Did you fly down with your dog in the cabin with you?

I found out from a friend that Continental among with other airlines, will only accept pets through a reputable shipper. Like Las Lunas or certain vets here. She told me this today, because in a couple of weeks our dogs heading North.

criswkh said:
I found out from a friend that Continental among with other airlines, will only accept pets through a reputable shipper. Like Las Lunas or certain vets here. She told me this today, because in a couple of weeks our dogs heading North.

What does "only accept pets through a reputable shipper" mean? Does this imply that it is not possible to just go to the airport with your pet and the appropriate docs from the vet?

That is what they airline is now saying. She was going to ship her dog back this summer like me. I'm doing some herding trails with my Kelpie. Our shipper uses Continential airlines, but Annette just ships the dog with her, now they won't allow it. She is using a vet to do it.

Back