Continental Airlines Pet Ransom

When I brought our beloved cat with us 2 years ago I was told there was NO guarantee for taking your animal in the cabin of the plane...they only allowed 2 per flight...and for that and other reasons I contacted a company and paid the extra cost and had him shipped through this company. Las Lunas picked him up at EZE and delivered him to us. It was expensive, but would do it again in a heartbeat. Had to find a new home for our other cat as she went crazy being in a kennel.

It was very helpful having a company help out, getting all the documents needed and peace of mind he would travel safe and sound in a special area of the cargo for animals.

We had four dogs shipped over with a company, Pet Relocation in the States and Las Lunas here. It was a piece of mind for us. We got updates on their status. I train dogs in the States and we didn't dope our dogs, even though one of them has loud noises issues, judging from their crates when they arrived here the pups had limited stress. It was expensive, but we will do it again for the piece of mind. The picked Continental as the airline because they had a separate animal area for the dogs. If you can get your dog has a service dog it can ride with you. Service dogs usually require proof/paperwork.

I'll never put my dog on an airplane again, even though she was able to ride in the cabin at my feet.

Stella and I will both die in Argentina...one way or another.

Bianca said:
If it helps anyone at all... While I was gathering information for my trip I documented everything I found out and needed to do in this post: Traveling to Argentina With a Pet. When I was looking into this a few weeks ago, there were 5 airlines that I was able to find that accept pets in cabin.

How about OUT of Argentina? That's what this thread is about.

cujodu said:
How about OUT of Argentina? That's what this thread is about.

I know what YOU were asking, my reply was more in response to mini and anyone else looking for general information.

Bianca said:
I know what YOU were asking, my reply was more in response to mini and anyone else looking for general information.

Thanks Bianca. I also got it that the OP was looking to get the dog OUT. I guess discussions can have a life of their own & have a tendency to wander.

In the summer I will need to take my dogs OUT (flying to the US) then IN again. I want to fly with them in cabin & I'm confused. I don't want to have to fly to Europe then in to the US....

I hear ya Mini! :)

One company I've seen pop up on BA blogs and forums is PetsVentura. WEBSITE

Before I left, I sent an email regarding travel to and from Argentina. Jim (the owner) wrote me back with this in regards to leaving Argentina:
If you leave Argentina with in 1 month from the day your cats enter you can leave with the same documents but if you will stay here longer you will need to issue new documents.
It wasn't really the answer I was looking for, but I didn't pursue it because I wasn't that concerned about leaving at that time. Maybe try getting in contact with him for more information on other means of shipping your pet out of Argentina. [email protected]

Back