Contract (Independent) Pastelera Needed For Big Apple

You know guys, to say that I´m ticked off about all the bashing and negativity over a simple opportunity for someone who enjoys baking to create an outlet for distribution, make some money for themselves, and maybe for Big Apple also, and everyone involved, including our customers winding up happy, to me is a little nuts! We´re the same place that affords ex-pats a 10% discount, we´re the same place that has opened up our doors for ex-pat meetings and parties and not charge a rental fee, we the same place that actually ex-pat owned and managed, and gives it our best damn shot to have and ex-pat, North American style menu.

I always thought that giving someone a chance to sell their wares was a good thing. I always thought giving someone an opportunity to get some recognition and further themselves was a positive. Being the pastelera for a restaurant ranked in the top 10% of all BA restos by Trip Advisor ain´t such a bad thing to add to your CV, either!

My last pasterleria worked on the basis of baking goods at her home, since we don´t have the space or equipment in our kitchen. She was paid fairly for her product and work effort and made her profit, and in turn we made ours. She left Argentina. So, where´s the first place I go for a new one THAT IS STILL DESPERATELY NEEDED? BAExpats and craigslist WANTING to help and support the ex-pat community!
Gee, I remember when I got here 9 years ago ex-pats could not do enough for each other. Have we, or at least some of us become so jaundiced and selfish that we bash a fellow expat for trying to help?

BOTTOM LINE .... If there is a good pasteleria out there, who doesn´t mind sending his/her resume and foto, and does not mind providing samples before WE BUY THE PRODUCT, please get in touch with me! We move about 500 dessert pieces a month, and I need someone fast, if indeed there are any expats left our there, or at least on this board who still believe as I do, that we are a community and perhaps now more than ever, we need to help each other out whenever we can.

Rant over. IF YOU´RE INTERESTED please contact me: [email protected]

Back