Convert Euros To Dollars?

Ikaros

Registered
Hello everyone !
For my upcoming trip to Argentina should I convert my Euros to US Dollars in order to achieve the blue rate?Or will I be fine and able to get a blue rate for the Euro easily?
Actually is there something like the blue rate for the Euro? If so, what is the rate these days?

Yes, you should convert to dollars. There's not a lot of demand for Euros here and even if you find someone that will buy your euros it will not have the same spread as the dollar blue.

The blue rate for the Euro does exist but is nowhere near as "generous" as the dollar rate.

I change my euros and pounds in to dollars before i travel to BA - what you lose in commission , you will make up in a decent rate.

Dollars you can sell easily perhaps the ratio of buyers of Dollars vs.Euros is 20:1 or more

I second others here. We stopped bringing euros because the rate was not as good as the one we could get for dollars. Change your euros for dollars abroad. Just do not do it at the airport where the spreads and commissions are a killer.

I'm sorry but what are you talking about here? The blue rate for the Euro is just the same as the blue rate for the Dollar. I sold mine for 9.2 last week.

Lucky you. In the "old" times when the dollar was 6.3, I got 7.5 for my euros, an implicit rate of 1.20 dollars per Euro when at that time the relationship was more 1.30.

I'm sorry but what are you talking about here? The blue rate for the Euro is just the same as the blue rate for the Dollar. I sold mine for 9.2 last week.

Please , pray tell . where ? or is a secret , just like my money guy , A True Man of Mystery !!!!!

Thank you very much for the immediate feedback,Appreciated,
Saludos.

Back