Where to buy power converter when I'm already in Argentina?

lostravenblue

Registered
I got this one off Amazon before we came, and it's pretty good. We plug two laptops into it, and it's been fine except for how we're on top of each other all the time. I'd like to get a second one, but I'm not sure where to go. Will any electronics store do? Should I go back to the airport and look there? I'm in Palermo, I think, on Guemes and Vidt.

I got this one off Amazon before we came, and it's pretty good. We plug two laptops into it, and it's been fine except for how we're on top of each other all the time. I'd like to get a second one, but I'm not sure where to go. Will any electronics store do? Should I go back to the airport and look there? I'm in Palermo, I think, on Guemes and Vidt.
Most electronics switch from 110v to 220v automatically, check your power supply labels. You might just need a plug convertor...available everywhere cheap.Screenshot_2023-02-03-08-57-18-574.jpg

Most hardware stores around town have power strips that converts the plug (not step up/down) or just adapters posted above for a buck and change. We've been here a year plus and rely on those adapters for everything that can handle up to 220v (look on the device/charge block) and it is totally ok.

I was told plug converters are for short term use. I use my laptop 18 hours a day some days.
Your laptop charger should 100% be ready for 110-230v so you can use a cheapo plug adapter and you’re good to go. Read the small text on the laptop charger and you’ll see…

Most battery powered appliances accept 110-220v, check small print on the power brick or device. I have used various laptops plugged in directly to the wall with only a plug adaptor for years. Laptops last the typical 4 to 5 years before they need to be replaced.

Back