Correo

garygrunson

Registered
Yesterday I received a notice that Correo Argentino tried to deliver a "Carta Certificada" (I was home at the time indicated, so they didn't try very hard) This notice is mostly illegible, so I am trying to figure out what to do. The guy did check the box "retirar en el correo" but the rest is a rubber stamp blur.

Has anyone received a "Carta Certificada" before? Do I have to pick this up at the retiro office? I am not expecting anything so I am not sure if this is international or domestic. I just have a number for the letter. I tried to call but that was a blur as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

I have been through this nightmare twice. First you have to go to the post office noted on the card, local post office and get your pick-up card for Retero (I call it the "mommy may I card"). Then you go down to the International Post office, stand in a long line then you are told to go to the waiting room to listen for your number. When you hear your number you go through the turnstile into the back room to pick up your package. If you don't speak spanish well you should take someone who does with you so they can listen for the number. Be prepared for a several hour process.

I've actually done the international post office thing for a package, but I don't think it is the same as "Carta Certificada". I think I will go to my local Correo and ask them, since this notice is really illegible. Thanks

garygrunson said:
Yesterday I received a notice that Correo Argentino tried to deliver a "Carta Certificada" (I was home at the time indicated, so they didn't try very hard) This notice is mostly illegible, so I am trying to figure out what to do. The guy did check the box "retirar en el correo" but the rest is a rubber stamp blur.

Has anyone received a "Carta Certificada" before? Do I have to pick this up at the retiro office? I am not expecting anything so I am not sure if this is international or domestic. I just have a number for the letter. I tried to call but that was a blur as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

I get that usually when I get international packages that weigh more than a pea. The card usually states where you have to go to pick up your package. (Since mine are international in origen, I go to Retiro). If or when you have to go to Retiro you should allot yourself about 2.5 hours time. When you get there you first have to pick up a number, wait until your number is called, give the card in with your ID and then either pay for your package being overweight or just get another number, go into the waiting room, wait until your 5 or 6 digit number is called with a bunch of other numbers, follow everyone else through the doors and hand the guys in lab coats your card. They will give you your package and tell you whether or not it a) needs to be opened by customs or b) you can just sign it out. You can then go sign your package out and you are done.
Suerte!

All this trouble about "Correo Certificada" was just my new SUBE card, that I ordered online. I have an appointment to pick it up at the correo in my neighborhood tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Back