Correo Argentino

Big Swifty

Registered
First time user looking for some general info and tips.

I need to send some official documents to a govt. agency in the US and want them to have the best chance of making it to their destination since it's not like personal mail where someone will advice me if/when they receive them. Sending the documents by email to a friend in the US, having them print out and mail is unfortunately not an option - tried that and my signature was rejected. Of the offered services, which is likely to arrive quickest and is the most reliable? Or does Correo Argentino have only one option for International Mail? Any idea of a time frame?

We only use private mail such as DHL for these purposes. The IRS has a special address for couriers as they cannot deliver to a PO box.

I am using CorreoArgentino certified mail (carta certificada) if the documents can be easily restored/reprinted and if the issue is not time pressing. It's about 10 bucks and gets delivered in a week or two.

Otherwise - Fedex or DHL (much more expensive).

Correo Argentino probably won't steal the documents (as is common with packages) they'll just take forever to get there or get lost. If it's something important I'd say it's worth the extra cash sending by courier, but that's only a decision you can make.

The price difference is staggering: US$99 via FedEx, versus ten dollars with Correo Argentino.

I've mailed normal letters 3 times from correo Argentina in the past few months.
1st time, cheapest method, took 3 weeks.
2nd time, upgraded method with tracking, took 2.5 weeks.
3rd time, back to cheapest method, 5 weeks and counting...

Back