Corruption

"Great idea! now without firearms to defend themselves, what about if I rape your wife, daughters,etc using a knife, ax or a machete?should I go free?And if I rob and kill your son? same treatment? Please read the following article!!

18 Little-Known Gun Facts That Prove That Guns Make Us Safer"

-----

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]So by that logic, if we all had our own nuclear weapon we would be even MORE safe from robbers, murders and rapist.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Nice![/background]
I dunno about safe but I bet everyones manners would improve a lot.

In the near future I believe I read an article that there will be around 10,000 government drones flying the skys in the USA. When that is a reality guns will not be of much use relating to dealing with a rogue government if that ever happened. Just look at the way they are militarizing the police at every level. I am totally for the right to bear arms but I believe soon it will be irrelevant as weapons technology evolves. The founding fathers could not have seen the future or had any idea of the technology that is part of the world we live in today.

Given politicians tendencies for corruption and the advances in enforcement and weapon technologies the next few decades should be pretty interesting if not even scarey. The soon coming nano weapons are perhaps the most frightening of all as I see it.

In the near future I believe I read an article that there will be around 10,000 government drones flying the skys in the USA. When that is a reality guns will not be of much use relating to dealing with a rogue government if that ever happened. Just look at the way they are militarizing the police at every level. I am totally for the right to bear arms but I believe soon it will be irrelevant as weapons technology evolves. The founding fathers could not have seen the future or had any idea of the technology that is part of the world we live in today.

Given politicians tendencies for corruption and the advances in enforcement and weapon technologies the next few decades should be pretty interesting if not even scarey. The soon coming nano weapons are perhaps the most frightening of all as I see it.

lol if you think you can form a militia and fight against the us government now never mind the future.

The real power-weapon against a rogue government is a fully-functioning brain and the willpower to use your mouth. Most people just accept what happens to them. Many people who are being mugged never scream because they are too embarrassed at the idea of being a victim.

Try as I might, I can't seem to agree with your Vonnegut's Harrison-Bergeron view of the future. Drones are simply new technology and every time a new technology (recording / Google's massive index Et al.) is introduced people see the Bogeyman. Granted, it will be used in the wrong way, but so too can wire tapping a phone. Even though you can wire tap someone, I doubt that it is a run of the mill occurrence. Perhaps I'm just being naive, but in my 50 years of being on the planet, I can't recall even one person I know that has been wire tapped by the government. Or then again, perhaps my circle of friends is just too damn small.

Back