Cost of domestic flights for non residents

Reinaldo

Registered
We're headed back to Argentina for 4 months beginning June 1st. I just booked online a roundtrip from Buenos Aires to Iguazu. Is it still the case that I'm taking a chance that when I arrive to the airport they'll tell me I owe more since I'm a non resident?

In 99% of cases there is no difference anymore.
There are some fares which are still resident-only, but they are few and far between.
If want to be 100% sure should check with a travel agent (cough, cough) beforehand.

Which flights and destinations within Arg still cost less for Arg residents than they do for non-Arg residents or citizens? What is the reason for continuing 2-tier pricing for just some internal flights?

There is very little 2-tier pricing still in place. Mainly with special (negotiated) fares and stuff like that.
Trouble is that an online portal is precisely where it is most likely you'd be dealing with a fare like that. Even there, it's unlikely.
If you buy on the agency's website, odds are you're fine.

Sorry, last line should have read "if you buy on the airline's website".
An online portal is precisely where you may yet encounter a resident-only fare.

Years ago, I saw an ad in a local BA paper for lower fares for Argentina residents........IN BUSINESS CLASS !!!!! Unbelievable

Do you know about 2 new budget domestic Argentina airlines? Fly Bondi and Norwegian Air

Years ago, I saw an ad in a local BA paper for lower fares for Argentina residents........IN BUSINESS CLASS !!!!! Unbelievable
The only time I have ever flown business class was a domestic flight on Aerolineas. They had a weekend-only promo where two business class seats cost no more than economy. That was back in 2002, mind.

Do you know about 2 new budget domestic Argentina airlines? Fly Bondi and Norwegian Air
To the best of my knowledge (ie - just purchased a return flight with them) Norwegian are only flying internationally i.e. EZE - LGW

Back