Cost of Living UK versus Buenos Aires

Jogey

Registered
Hi all,

I am British, retiring in about a years time and am looking at Argentina as a possible destination to retire then.
Numbeo says the following when comparing costs in my UK city, Manchester with Buenos Aires.
Rent Per MonthManchesterEditBuenos AiresEdit
Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre942.67 £
(1,171.99 $)
279.31 £
(347.26 $)
-70.4 %
Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre697.00 £
(866.56 $)
190.24 £
(236.52 $)
-72.7 %
Do those rental figures actually look reasonably accurate to you or has Numbeo got it wrong? If they are correct then Argentina really does look like it has an amazingly low cost of living.
Secondly a question for British expats numbeo says "Consumer Prices Including Rent in Buenos Aires are 56.9% lower than in Manchester" .
Does that actually sound reasonably accurate to you or again do you think numbeo has it wrong?

Thanks,

Jogey

nobody should ever consider moving to Argentina without spending a month or two here first. And, if your number one priority is reliable low cost, Argentina is probably not a good choice. If you love Argentina, for what it is, move here. But the economy is complicated here, and sometimes its cheap, and sometimes its not...

Hi Ries,

Thanks for that and absolutely agree with you. I plan to spend a couple of months in Buenos Aires as soon as I get the chance.

those numbers look a bit low to me, unless you are willing to live in a very basic no frills type of place in a sketchy building

Cost of living Is roughly half the price of living in the UK I’d say. (Outside of London)
But also factor in paying for some form of health insurance which is roughly £100 a month for the top coverage.

Rents vary a lot depends on which neighbourhood and whether you want to pay for amenities like having 24hr security.
They’ve also went up a lot lately.

Back