cost of living

EBA

Registered
For those that were asking, and anyone else who is interested, we've done another update of our cost of living page. What may interest people already living in Argentina is we keep track of prices at Jumbo, mostly food and some household items, in order to keep track of inflation.

Matt
Expose:BA
http://exposebuenosaires.com

very interesting. Wonder if the fruit prices vary by season will be interesting to wait and find out!

walkingtwig said:
very interesting. Wonder if the fruit prices vary by season will be interesting to wait and find out!

My weekly fruit and vegatable supples from a local market stall have double in 12 months. I was paying 45 - 50 pesos now its 90-100 pesos.

And my needs are very static.

Fruit and veggie prices do vary by season, so when looking at the numbers, keep that in mind. I include them because it is interesting, but its not necessarily a good indicator of inflation. Prices of things like beer, soap, tuna, etc are a much better indicator, and even chicken, meats and dairy products to some extent.

EBA said:
For those that were asking, and anyone else who is interested, we've done another update of our cost of living page. What may interest people already living in Argentina is we keep track of prices at Jumbo, mostly food and some household items, in order to keep track of inflation.

Matt
Expose:BA
http://exposebuenosaires.com

Thanks, very good data ... I will try to adjust my expenses to your frugal food budget of 700/30 = $23 pesos a day, I may loose some weight...:D.

Also $350 a week for clubbing, eating out, theatres, seems conservative. Well this expense one can control.

Veggies vary from week to week lettuce can go from 12 pesos to 25 pesos, same thing with tomatoes.

I need to find a roomate to reduce my rent.;)

Thanks

Rich One said:
Thanks, very good data ... I will try to adjust my expenses to your frugal food budget of 700/30 = $23 pesos a day, I may loose some weight...:D.

Also $350 a week for clubbing, eating out, theatres, seems conservative. Well this expense one can control.

Veggies vary from week to week lettuce can go from 12 pesos to 25 pesos, same thing with tomatoes.

I need to find a roomate to reduce my rent.;)

Thanks

Maybe you should move out of Recoleta if you want to lower your rent ;)

Hi EBA

Many thanks for your webpage of information on the costs of living in Buenos Aires. It has been extremely helpful us decide on whether to emigrate or not to Argentina

Thank you

Chris

Back