Couch surfing

Moonwitch

Registered
Has anybody here done that? Either at someones or offered a spare room at their place?

pauper

Registered
Hi, we've hosted more than forty people through Couchsurfing and Warmshowers, a smaller hosting network for touring cyclists. We've also surfed several couches in Argentina.

Mostly great experiences, a few weirdos, and a couple of people that needed their arses kicked back to where they came from, like the world at large really.

Moonwitch

Registered
jajaja Is there a good website to find people. I want to head to Pinamar before the end of the month and don't really have the cash so it would be great if I could surf some couch.

pauper

Registered
Join up, I'd probably not recommend saying that you don't have the money and you're looking for a free place in your request, read your prospective host's profile, try to find a common interest, mention something about them in your request (like their name for starters) and you'll be doing better than 80% of the requests I get.

flyfreely

Registered
pauper said:
Hi, we've hosted more than forty people through Couchsurfing and Warmshowers, a smaller hosting network for touring cyclists. We've also surfed several couches in Argentina.

Mostly great experiences, a few weirdos, and a couple of people that needed their arses kicked back to where they came from, like the world at large really.

Haha... same here, hosted about 15 people, mostly which I had met and see at least once... definitely a young crowd (average 20 years old). If you are selective you will find really good people, if you are not, you might find people who have found in CS a way to satisfy their constant psychological need for 10 minute friendships.