Counterfeit money in ATM's?

Moonwitch

Registered
It hasn´t happened to me but I know two people who got faux money from an ATM. If it happens it happens, you can´t completely avoid not withdrawing money. I imagine it is very rare though.

All the time I´ve been in Argentina I have only received one fake 50. I got it from the currency exchange kiosk in Abasto. I was changing money from peso to euro and I needed to receive change in peso and they gave me a fake note. Luckily I was able to pass it off.

HowardinBA

Registered
the bank on Calle Belgrano next to the san lucas hospital(forgot the name now!!)

SaraSara

Registered
I like that little coffee shop - it's a pity it is so close to the jewelry store...! Wish I could go, too, but I'm currently housebound, taking care of two strays my daughter adopted.

They were in the back yard but they started chewing on the turtle, so I had to bring them inside. They are now asleep on the floor near my desk - I have a dog of my own, so the room is practically wall-to-wall dogs.

Moonwitch

Registered
NoVegetables said:
I don't know about the fake bills, but i have definitely been under changed at an ATM. I withdrew $700 pesos at the HSBC in the Ezieza airport, and the machine gave me 5 $100 notes and 2 $2 note. Thats $504 pesos, but my receipt says $700 plus the 11.25 fee. I didn't notice till i was already in a cab. Be careful with those ATMs.

Yes I have heard of that! It was from a HSBC as well, stay clear of those! They never seem to work either.