COVID-19 vaccine development pipeline gears up

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 January 2021
....According to the agency, an average of 400 Norwegians die each week in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said, according to Bloomberg. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.” The warning from Norway about the vaccine's effects on the elderly is the most severe thus far....
I'd like to see some more info on this. If the side effects are dangerous to those over 80 in Norway, one would think they are just as dangerous to those over 80 regardless of nationality.

I'd like to see some more info on this. If the side effects are dangerous to those over 80 in Norway, one would think they are just as dangerous to those over 80 regardless of nationality.

I think they started to vaccinate elderly people first as a group with the highest risk. Out of 30 thousand vaccinations 23 deaths are under investigation.

The large studies on Comirnaty (BioNTec/Pfizer) did not include patients with unstable or acute illness - and included few participants over 85 years of age. In Norway we are now vaccinating the elderly and people in nursing homes with serious underlying diseases, therefore it is expected that deaths close to the time vaccination may occur.

15 January 2021
....According to the agency, an average of 400 Norwegians die each week in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
“For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,” the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said, according to Bloomberg. “For those who have a very short remaining life span anyway, the benefit of the vaccine may be marginal or irrelevant.” The warning from Norway about the vaccine's effects on the elderly is the most severe thus far....
Not necessarily terrible news unless it somehow slows down the rollout for everyone else - it may be unfortunate for those over 80 right now wanting a few extra year’s of life chance with that specific vaccine, but it doesn’t mean that in the mid term a society with a strong overall vaccination rate won’t make things safer for over 80s should they themselves not be candidates for safe vaccination.
I suspect that as we learn more about vaccines and they improve over time we will be working with a cocktail of them more suited to specific users so it is just a matter of accepting the reality and waiting out the storm.

This NPR article gives a good summary of Argentinas situation against covid.

Interesting, but this article does not mention that Directors of Hospitals and Health bodies were political appointments!

No wonder they are supportive of their people taking a vaccine not fit for purpose. I have a relative that works in the Public Children's hospital in Tandil, they contracted Covid-19 last year most likely from the parents of a sick child. There has been no properly managed vaccine rollout at this hospital to date, not a coincidence that Tandil largely does not vote for Peronism. It is sad that this government is prioristing its vaccine programs throughout Argentina where its supporters live first, others that are more informed than me know what is really going on, a really sad story to be told!

From American Frontline Doctors, very interesting presentation:

Not a doctor to be trusted as the Washington Post Article implies, possibly another quack that gulliable people may follow. "It was a peaceful time" she stated inside the Capitol Building as rioters caused havoc nearby. Also note she is an attorney, interesting how this potential conflict of interest is glossed over by her in the video!

From American Frontline Doctors, very interesting presentation:

I knew it was going to be some bullshit within the first 10 seconds when I saw the set up that looks like one of those mega churches and the whole crowd giving a standing ovation before she said a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back