COVID vax requirements

I think poor old Natalie Silverman has by now severed her connections with this board...
Actually, I hope not.

She asked if she would "be forced to vaccinate if (she) want(s) to enter Argentina through EZE with (her) family."

Given the fact that her husband has already been vaccinated and she undoubtedly could also get the jab(s) if she so desired, I'd like to know why she doesn't and I think it's only fair that she has a chance to tell us...if she has any desire to do so.

Two very veteran members of this forum have privately told me that they will not subject themselves to any of the covid vacccines, but I cannot reveal thier identities or speak for them here.

I am far less concerned about being exposed to anyone who has not been vaccincated than I am of those who have, but I only have "contact" (with safe distancing) with a few other individuals for a few minutes per week.

I saw them yesterday in their mini market. I usually go when they first open in the morning, when I am likely to be the only customer in the store.

I asked about covid in Punta Alta.

Their response was, "It's over."

I'm going tomorrow for the first time in over a month to buy gas and get cash and see how "normal" life appears. When I was there on September 9th, most people were still wearing masks outside.

Of the three business owners I see and speak with most often, one refuses to be vacccinated, one got one jab and had a severe reaction, and the third got full covid after the first shot.

I think poor old Natalie Silverman has by now severed her connections with this board...

Hope she didn't let the door hit her where the lord split her.

Joking aside, perhaps I'm salty from having had COVID myself last year, and experiencing 1st hand how debilitating it can be, or maybe it was watching my husband, who is not even 30 yet have to bury his father after he contracted it, but the last thing this country's struggling healthcare system needs (private or public) is more American/European/Australian/Canadian/etc. anti-vaxxers.

If you want to die from COVID to "own the libs" or because you think it's just a cold that's your right, but please burden your home country with the cost, not Argentina...

Joking aside, perhaps I'm salty from having had COVID myself last year, and experiencing 1st hand how debilitating it can be, or maybe it was watching my husband, who is not even 30 yet have to bury his father after he contracted it, but the last thing this country's struggling healthcare system needs (private or public) is more American/European/Australian/Canadian/etc. anti-vaxxers.

If you want to die from COVID to "own the libs" or because you think it's just a cold that's your right, but please burden your home country with the cost, not Argentina...
There certainly haven't been any Australian anti-vaxxers anywhere around here. It has been illegal for them to even leave their country since March 2020. And even once they finally decriminalize overseas travel for the population in general, it will still be impossible for anti-vaxxers to get on a plane.

There certainly haven't been any Australian anti-vaxxers anywhere around here. It has been illegal for them to even leave their country since March 2020. And even once they finally decriminalize overseas travel for the population in general, it will still be impossible for anti-vaxxers to get on a plane.

I meant more so Ozies already living here, as I didn't want to solely single out Americans, though I suppose it's true that the anti-vaxxer nonsense is something we excel at, as we're second only to the Russians.

Kind of presumptive on your part, and very condescending. Sounds like you know what's best for everyone and Argentina.

Kind of presumptive on your part, and very condescending. Sounds like you know what's best for everyone and Argentina.
You're right, I presumed most people don't want to die/see their in-laws die of COVID when vaccines for it are available, but I continue to encounter a vocal minority that don't feel this is best.

I hope you and your family don't have to experience what mine went through, and I sincerely mean it, it has been awful.

Given the fact that her husband has already been vaccinated and she undoubtedly could also get the jab(s) if she so desired, I'd like to know why she doesn't and I think it's only fair that she has a chance to tell us...if she has any desire to do so.
Agreed - I've wondered the same. Perhaps there is a medical reason for her concern (such do exist) and if so it would be good to know. The coima business, well. Much to learn and I suspect she has started.

You're right, I presumed most people don't want to die/see their in-laws die of COVID when vaccines for it are available, but I continue to encounter a vocal minority that don't feel this is best.

I hope you and your family don't have to experience what mine went through, and I sincerely mean it, it has been awful.

Thank you, luckily I haven't had to experience that and my family and I are vaccinated so fingers crossed that it stays that way. I'm very sorry to hear that you and yours had to go through it.

I can understand your frustration living through that experience, but I don't think treating others who aren't vaccinated with aggression is the best way to get them to change their point of view. This virus has brought too much division and anger amongst people, I just hope society can heal from it at some point.

All the best.

Back