Crashed Macbook :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

srtamollygreen

Registered
It has been one tragedy after another... (that´s a little dramatic... but there´s definitely been no shortage of obstacles for me this time around)

In a nutshell: my macbook pro decided to take a turn for the worse and will no longer turn on. No idea why. I found a few places that look at Macs... but I was here 5 years ago when Apple was restricted, and I know to have it fixed is going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Anybody out there who has had a similar experience? Any advice you can give me as far as where to take it, how to save a penny, and the best place to buy a new internal hard drive?

I am not an expert with technology and have no desire to try fix it myself. Nor do I really know much about internal hard drives other than the one I have in my computer (a replacement) is still under warranty--stateside. Nobody is coming to visit any time soon from the States and although I have an upcoming trip to go back, it is not until the end of May. I desperately need my computer for work and for my classes in the meantime.

I know I can take it for a consult for 50 pesos to a place relatively close to my house called Grupo GB... but I am almost afraid to waste my time because I have a feeling they are going to give me a really expensive presupuesto...

Any help, insights, or advice is much appreciated.

There's a guy, I think his name is Josh, his business name is Mac Daddy. At least one friend of mine recommended him.

Here's a thread I found: http://baexpats.org/topic/10164-have-a-mac-need-help-call-the-macdaddy/

Call Ricardo from balaptop.com. He was born here but grew up in Australia and does this for a living (used to fix macs in AU, as well). I ha detto my MacBook keyboard replaced by him last year and the price was less than in an Apple Store in Europe.

Call Ricardo from balaptop.com. He was born here but grew up in Australia and does this for a living (used to fix macs in AU, as well). I ha detto my MacBook keyboard replaced by him last year and the price was less than in an Apple Store in Europe.

I support Ricardo from balatop.com he fixed my Android Cell in 48 hours, he replaced the keyboard, showed receipts for the parts and labor...

Thanks, everyone! I will check these guys out...

Any suggestions on buying a new internal hard drive?

Before you let a PC guy work on your Mac, independently research any replacement hard drives, etc before they're installed. All parts are not created equal, when a Mac is involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back