Crba And Us Passport For Baby..how Long Does It Take?? Help

mairerielo

Registered
Hi I need to travel on december 21st and I was granted the interview at the consul on November 25th to do my baby´s CRBA and passport. Can anyone please let me know how long does the process take? I want to know if I will be able to catch my flight or will I have to change it :S Thank you!

I already have the Argentinean passport, but I´m also doing the CRBA and US passport for the baby to be able to enter the US as he cannot travel with a visa, on the paper they gave me it says something about 15-20 days but I don´t understand if it takes 15 days for it to process and then 15-20 for it to get delivered (total of 30+) or they mean that 20 days after the interview the passport will be on my hand??

You might not get the CRBA by then but the passport will be less than two weeks from the appointment.

In fact, I had friends send their child's CRBA to me via DHL as they left to US within a few days of their appt. US passport in hand earlier this year.

Edit: I have also done this for my Argentine-born daughter. A few years ago.

You might not get the CRBA by then but the passport will be less than two weeks from the appointment.

In fact, I had friends send their child's CRBA to me via DHL as they left to US within a few days of their appt. US passport in hand earlier this year.

Edit: I have also done this for my Argentine-born daughter. A few years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I thought they came together (CRBA and Passport), If all I need is the passport as long as it comes first I´m a happy camper haha. By any chance do you have an idea of how much is the DHL waybill the embassy asks for?

You order them together and you receive them together (if you have time to wait) but the CRBA will be slower. The DHL is about USD10-12 at blue for domestic Argentina. Under ARS200. You must pay for the waybill in advance and bring to your appointment.

You order them together and you receive them together (if you have time to wait) but the CRBA will be slower. The DHL is about USD10-12 at blue for domestic Argentina. Under ARS200. You must pay for the waybill in advance and bring to your appointment.

Once again thanks for answering and all of your help. You are saying that I will get them together if I have time to wait, my question is...and I´m sorry if I dont understand all at once :( If I dont have time to wait for both things to come together, Do I buy two separate waybills? and then at the embassy ask for them to send them separate, so they send the passport first (as its faster and is all I´m missing and need to travel) and then the CRBA as it takes longer.

Thank you ElCordobes :)

Once again thanks for answering and all of your help. You are saying that I will get them together if I have time to wait
Yes.

If I dont have time to wait for both things to come together, Do I buy two separate waybills?
You will need two if you can't go back to pick up the passport. Bring your travel itinerary to prove your urgent need. You can also explain via email (in English or Spanish) to get any further clarification. [email protected] They will usually respond within 1-2 days. Sometimes the mailbox is full and your message won't go through. That usually resolves within a couple days. Resend if it doesn't go through.

I'm in the same boat as you. We would like to travel before Christmas and we have our CRBA/passport appointment tomorrow the 16th of November. I'm hoping both things come before Christmas around December 10-20, four weeks after the appointment. I only bought one DHL waybill that says CRBA and passport. I'll let you know what they tell me at the embassy.

The CRBA embassy BsAs page says this

Delivery of CRBAs

All documents are printed in the U.S. and then delivered via DHL, typically within 20 days. Applicants must visit the DHL branch at Avda. Cabildo 1209, Buenos Aires, to arrange payment. We strongly recommend visiting DHL before appointments in order to obtain an airway bill sheet with a tracking number. Visiting DHL after your appointment may result in delays.

So I'm banking on the idea that it takes less than 20 days after your appointment to get both CRBA and passport, If you have your appointment on the 25th and leave December 21 you might get the CRBA and passport around the 15th with a week to spare. I hope all goes well for both you and I. I really want to spend my babies first Christmas with her American grandparents and uncles and aunt.

Back