Crime Beware

Sorry to hear that.

This is very common.

Things like this bring me back the good old memories of Charles Bronson flipping a camera while licking a popsicle waiting to pull out his gun.

I don't understand why is it that police can't mount a play to catch this bastards with their hands full.

Security... and thieves -

Well, no, I do not wear my Breitling Cosmonaute 24 hrs analog dial - was worth US$2000 in 1998 when I got it... and anyway it is valuable to me as souvenir of my years with airlines. To go out, most often, I rarely look like a rich expat gentleman. Old leather flight jacket and jeans is my "uniform" to go for a few beers.

My "duty wristwatch" offered to be stolen is an almost authentic real looking Rolex imitation - made in Hong Kong (or was it Korea?) - I think I paid US$12 for it, in Singapore. And in my pocket, I have an old wallet, with 2 expired credit cards, my expired California driver's license and a fake US$50 bill that a bank refused to cash, so it is ready to be stolen in that wallet. I might have some real AR$10 or 20 note, alongside the fake "fifty dollar" bill. Really, I cannot afford to make my thief too unhappy with me -

I never got in troubles in BsAs - even though I often walk at night. Maybe they think that I have a "Bersa 9mm Corto" in my pocket, walking alone like that. What happend to me a few years ago, in Rio (near Copa beach) was to be attacked for my "Nike" sport shoes. So I had to walk on my socks until I found a friendly kid with a scooter who got me back to my hotel. Muito obrigado, garotos brasileiros...!

Since then, was cheap shoes as well. Where is my cash to go out...? Well, that is privileged information, and still not that much "guita", enough para "morfar" and a couple of Quilmes... The robadores porteños will never think of it.

Have a great time - Chau

My daughter bikes all over BA and takes trains and buses, too. She carries her money in a sock, on the inside of an ankle, where no pickpocket has been able to find it - YET.

After burglars broke into my Colonia home, I now leave an old non-functioning laptop in plain view, as a decoy. I hope next time the house is broken into the burglars will grab it and run, instead of wasting time looking for non-existing valuables.

My wife got robbed of her cellphone on the subte Friday. She's from Paraguay and KNOWS better, but she hasn't lived in the city for almost two years now and I reckon maybe she got complacent.

She had called someone just before she went down in the subte. The mistake she made was that she put the phone in a front pocket of her purse that was easily opened. Once she got in a car, shortly after a couple of youngsters entered right after her and began pushing and shoving past her. A few minutes later she realized that the flap where the phone was was open and nothing inside. I'm betting they saw her put the phone in that flap and followed her down.

She loved that phone. It was a touchscreen LG I had someone bring down from the States and only cost me about $160 USD. Not a terrible loss money-wise, but she was so heartbroken about the loss and she is still kicking herself for being so naive about how she lost it.

bloody_bloo said:
Things like this bring me back the good old memories of Charles Bronson flipping a camera while licking a popsicle waiting to pull out his gun.

That's the solution: invite Mr. Bronson to BsAs for a month or two. He'll clean up the streets.

I don't understand why is it that police can't mount a play to catch this bastards with their hands full.

It's more than their job is worth. And maybe they get a percentage of the loot.

Maybe the new - better paid - Policía Metropolitana will be less susceptible to co-ops with the ladrones. Does anyone agree that their outfit is pretty british btw?

2009073931.jpg

bigbadwolf said:
That's the solution: invite Mr. Bronson to BsAs for a month or two. He'll clean up the streets.

To bad he was only an actor...and he's dead.

Back