criminal record report when applying for residency

Jessica

Registered
In an attempt to be prepared to go to the registro civil to apply for residency for myself and my two children, on the basis of being married to an Argentine, I was wondering if anyone was able to get a criminal record check while here. How did you get it? We are from Fairfax County, VA.
Also, does my husband have to be present? He takes care of my ailing mother in law, and one of us has to be here with her.
He also has lost his DNI, but has a copy of it, and his birth certificate and Argentine passport, will that suffice?
Other than birth certificates, marriage certificates and passports (and the forementioned police report), is there anything else that I need to have translated and bring?
Thanks in advance for any advice that you may give!
Jessica

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/emergencies/emergencies_1201.html

"Jessica" said:
I was wondering if anyone was able to get a criminal record check while here. How did you get it? We are from Fairfax County, VA.
The only way to get a criminal record check from here is to request an identification record directly from the FBI.
Please take a look at these forms:
fpcardb.pdf
fprequest.pdf
This information and pricing may not be current. You can get printed fingerprint form from the American Embassy. You can also inquire about current processing fees at the FBI site.

I appreciate the rapid response. The local police department did in fact want a personal appearance, and the FBI takes 8-10 weeks. Any other options? Does the US embassy do it by any chance?
What can I say, I'm a true American, I've waited till the last minute, and need things done NOW!
Truth be told, for now, I just need it for my daughter entering first grade. The school said we had to at least show we had applied. I guess if worse comes to worst, I can just apply for her on the basis of her dad, and then go from there.

Thanks, Jessica

You received your papers in Uruguay for Argentina, or you simply when to Uruguay to renew your visa?

Back