Criminal Records Validity (From Home Country)

nedders

Registered
Sorry to talk about criminal records again, but i'm a bit confused now with validity

i went and spoke with migraciones today and they say that my criminal records from home (uk) are not valid

because i got them ordered in feb 2014. and apostilled in feb, and i came here in march 2014 (so there is a period of time between feb-mar that isn't accounted for in uk)

ok..i get that..but how on earth do you get your documents here without being there to do it and technically "un-validitating" them?

the only solutions i see is if: 1)you are lucky enough to have someone there that can send it to you, once it's complete (although this may take 90 days itself)

or 2) you get them to post you the documents all the way to argentina, then you send it back twice just to get the apostille!!

You get your fingerprints taken here, send to home country agency. Ideally you have someone in home country who can receive the background report for you and forward to the area that does the apostille. Then once they are apostilled, they can get sent directly to you from the agency. If not, then yes, they get sent to you here, you then forward back for apostille and they get sent again to argentina once the apostille is done.

isn't that USA? or for uk too?

previously i contacted the DBS basic disclosure scotland, and paid for it online (without knowing it was immediately unvalid)

Is that the option i have to do again i guess?

because i got them ordered in feb 2014. and apostilled in feb, and i came here in march 2014 (so there is a period of time between feb-mar that isn't accounted for in uk)

That sounds odd because at the Argentine consulate of my homecountry they told me my record are valid for 6 months only.
Then I read on a blog that the validity is three months, and now you tell me that migraciones want them from -like- yesterday?!

That sounds odd because at the Argentine consulate of my homecountry they told me my record are valid for 6 months only.
Then I read on a blog that the validity is three months, and now you tell me that migraciones want them from -like- yesterday?!
I was wondering that as well. How long is the record valid after issuing?

no..the problem was i got my document ordered in February whilst i was still in UK, and i didn't leave to B.A until March.

So there was a gap between feb-march when i was in uk, which isn't accounted for on my criminal record (so technically i could have commited many crimes then)

Regarding the validity, she told me that as long as you don't go back to your country it is fine.

no..the problem was i got my document ordered in February whilst i was still in UK, and i didn't leave to B.A until March.

Then I might get bounced, as well.

Regarding the validity, she told me that as long as you don't go back to your country it is fine.

That's good news. Italian documents are valid for 6 months (in general, in Italy as well), including your birth certificate. If that is not the dumbest rule ever...

Bizarre, i got mine from disclosure Scotland without any fingerprints like you did.

Got it sent to my parents and then forwarded on to the Legalisation Office to be apostilled and then sent over here.

I also got a certificate from the local police here saying i hadn't been up to anything.

Seems a bit weird that they aren't accepting yours.

Only difference is i was already over here.

Maybe try again as you just had an idiotic pen pusher?

Bizarre, i got mine from disclosure Scotland without any fingerprints like you did.

Got it sent to my parents and then forwarded on to the Legalisation Office to be apostilled and then sent over here.

I also got a certificate from the local police here saying i hadn't been up to anything.

Seems a bit weird that they aren't accepting yours.

Only difference is i was already over here.

Maybe try again as you just had an idiotic pen pusher?

It seems the problem was that the background check was obtained a month before leaving the country, which means he or she could have been getting up to trouble for a month in the home country without the background check reflecting it. I think its the same reason that an existing background check becomes null and void as soon as you return to your home country.

I think the best bet is to do the fingerprints when you're home so that they are ready to go when you need a background check, and have someone there receive the correspondence , only sending you the final, apostilized background check when it's all complete.

Not sure if this helps but this company got copies of my university degree, had them certified with apostille and returned to me (courier service to BA) within one week of my first contact with them. It says on their webpage they do criminal record checks with apostille. They were also very helpful when I talked to them by phone.

http://www.apostille.org.uk/

Back