Crisis In Argentina: International Implications

meh. typical right wing pabellum from an arch-conservative think tank. there's PLENTY to criticize in the present Kirchner government, but the notion that Argentina needs to get back in step with international financial diktats is...giving me deja vu.

meh. typical right wing pabellum from an arch-conservative think tank. there's PLENTY to criticize in the present Kirchner government, but the notion that Argentina needs to get back in step with international financial diktats is...giving me deja vu.

Did you watch it all? There were a lot of good points brought up and most were things mentioned on this board, I'd hardly call BAExpats an "arch-conservative" forum.

The guy from Repsol was pretty good on the counter productive nature of energy subsidies.

Haha. Sorry I wasn't more clear. The Hudson Institute is a conservative think tank, with backing from Monsanto, Exxon Mobil, Procter & Gamble. I did watch a bit more, and yes, some panelists make some interesting points. Thanks!

Did you watch it all? There were a lot of good points brought up and most were things mentioned on this board, I'd hardly call BAExpats an "arch-conservative" forum.

The guy from Repsol was pretty good on the counter productive nature of energy subsidies.

There were some good points made. But there was also a lot of heresay, sour grapes, and petty bullshit.

As nickname said, the Hudson Institute is not exactly the most trustworthy source. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend. :)

Hmmm I don't think things are great here but I am getting bored of all these cries of crisis. Lets just see how things pan out. I for one hope things improve here and don't explode in a fire of empanadas and dog shit.

One thing I take away from this.. is if the think tanks are on this situation then it is not a trivial thing there are big bucks behind these dudes and if they are on it.. it is not something to be taken lightly.

CFK's heart is in the right place, i.e., I think she means to reduce the gap between the haves and the have nots, to create a more equal distribution of wealth. However, she has no frigging idea how to succeed in doing that. The policy of placing restrictions on imports has been disastrous.She wants to use international bodies like the UN re the Malvinas and the WTO to contest other countries' economic actions which negatively effect Arg, but refuses to comply with directives from other international bodies like the IMF and World Bank that have insisted Arg take corrective actions and comply with certain rulings. That kind of hypocritical conduct undermines her credibility.She is inept as a leader.
I think the legal system of the republic need to be overhauled. A review of the constitution would also be beneficial. Seems like the executive has too much power.

Back