Cristina is running for Vice

Churchill

Registered
Didn't see that one coming. I thought she hated Alberto Fernandez and vice versa. Maybe a compromise move to bring together the vota peronista! Only way Macri or Cambiemos win is if that vote stays split. God help us.

Last edited:
Another bullshit scam from Kristina. I’ve never heard of a former two term president to come back to serve as a VP.
It’s obvious that she's going to use him as a shill and use him as a puppet. Alberto Fernandez is a Milktoast kind of a guy.

Another bullshit scam from Kristina. I’ve never heard of a former two term president to come back to serve as a VP.
It’s obvious that she's going to use him as a shill and use him as a puppet. Alberto Fernandez is a Milktoast kind of a guy.
Check Peron....

Explain to me like I'm 5 why this matters please!
Macri is IMF's and USA's favorite candidate ( not populist and pro market ) and his biggest chance to win the coming elections were given by the fact that Cristina would be the opposition's main candidate ( too many people hate her so those votes were going to Macri just to avoid her ). Now with her not being the opposition's main candidate and the current economic disaster, Macri's chances are slimmer.

It is a move to provide impunity for her and her family.
Very simply put, if she wins and get convicted for theft, Alberto will issue a presidential pardon and that's is folks.
This is the result of the failed coup d'etat that they tried to do by pressuring the Supreme Court to suspend the trials against her.

Here's another scary scenario....Let’s say Alberto Fernandez becomes the next president of Argentina.
After a few months he resigns from office and Kristina becomes president again.
She takes office lets out all the K criminals out of prison and brings back her daughter from Cuba.
Let’s hope this doesn’t happen.

how is it possible that someone with active criminal cases is allowed to run for office?

It is called presumption of innocence, and it applies even to the likes of Cristina. She is to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
One should not lose their political rights just because they are being accused of something.
Now imagine if that was not the case. Let's say, for argument's sake, that the presumption of innocence was not the law of the land and one was not allowed to run for election if there were charges against them. Imagine that Cristina was still president and there was a new candidate that was doing well on the opinion polls and likely to win the next elections. Cristina could then make a phone call to a prosecutor who was her ally and ask him to open a criminal investigation against this rising candidate, based on some hear say or some made up charges. Boom! Just like that, he is out of the election race.

Presumption of innocence exists for many reasons, even for someone as crocked and corrupt as Cristina.

Back