Crypto Currency Scene In Buenos Aires

Macanudo

Registered
Anyone know where to go to get involved in the crypto currency scene in Buenos Aires? Is there a store here where I can buy a wallet for Ripple? I see that there is a place called EspacioBitcoin that I'm going to check out. Any other suggestions?

I'm into cryptocurrencies since 2013, and living here since late 2013. There is a Bitcoin Argentina meetup group - https://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Argentina/

When you say buy a wallet for Ripple, are you talking about a hardware wallet? I don't know of a place that sells them locally, but maybe check mercadolibre.com.ar.

I think they also have a Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/BitcoinArg/

If anyone here knows a reliable place where I can get pesos for bitcoins, let me know. thanks

I replied but post dsappeared. I'm into btc since 2013. There are meetups here - google for the subject plus "argentina". Willing to meet up to discuss more. I'd post links here but it seems to go into a black hole.

I'm looking for a place to sell btc for pesos locally (in CABA). If anyone knows a reliable place, let me know.

I have experience buying and spending BTC none selling though, maybe I could help answer your questions or point you in right direction.

Camel, I could meet with you tomorrow in the afternoon if you have time.

Gostomper, Thanks for the link.

JoshF, The internet customer reviews of all of the exchanges that I mentioned are almost 100 % negative. Where have you made successful transactions and what type of wallet do you use?

Macanudo,

I have a few diff type of wallets online and offline and they are not hard to find a good one but the right type is for you to decide.

Depending on if you like to stay under radar lowkey or not that's where buying can be tricky coinmama and indiacoin are only 2 that come to mind that take a credit/debt card but have very low max purchase and or bad exchange rates,

most online purchases of BTC require some form of required ID usually state DL or ID stuff and things people using BTC aren't always willing to give. You can also use trading sites some deal in BTC but include few transaction fee and to signup before going from € $ £ to BTC.

Then theres the in person sale of BTC sites like localcoin or something of sorts finds local buyers/seller with each other, I know of site but not much help I've never used it.

Camel, I could meet with you tomorrow in the afternoon if you have time.

I'm busy all day tomorrow - how about meeting at the next coffee chat? It's tuesday at around 5:30pm at the Alto Palermo Starbucks. Send me a private message and we can work out the details.

Back