Customs Strike This Weekend??

pitipur

Registered
Hey all - just received this in my inbox. So what does this mean for me, who will be arriving at Ezeiza from the states this Saturday? Am i just stuck in the airport for 2 days??

Dear Traveler,

Alerts have been issued for one or more of your current travel destinations. Please refer to the information below. For assistance related to a medical or security emergency during business travel please contact the 24/7 Interpublic Notification Center at +1 443 716 2239. Safe travels.
Worldcue[sup]®[/sup] Alert
Severity: Warning Alert​
Entry/Exit: Customs workers in Argentina to stage nationwide strike Sept. 18-21. Expect travel and shipment delays. Additional actions possible Sept. 24-28.
This alert affects Argentina
This alert began 17 Sep 2014 16:54 GMT and is scheduled to expire 22 Sep 2014 03:00 GMT.
  • Event: Nationwide customs workers strike
  • Time Frame: Sept. 18-21
  • Impact: Travel, entry/exit, and cargo shipment delays; possible protests
Summary
Workers belonging to the Single Union of Customs Employees (SUPARA) plan to strike Sept. 18-21 to protest wages. Customs services at maritime ports, airports, and land border crossings will be significantly disrupted. Union representatives say that customs workers will not process travelers Sept. 18-19, and cargo processing operations will only be active 0700-1900 on these days; all traveler and freight services will be suspended Sept. 20-21. Expect travel delays if entering or exiting the country, along with freight delivery disruptions; workers may also stage localized protests.

SUPARA is threatening to stage another strike Sept. 24-28 if members decide that their grievances have not been adequately addressed.

Advice
Confirm all travel arrangements and shipments. Avoid any protests. Allow additional time for travel.

Back