Where to go for package being held by customs

Joddson

Registered
Hello,

I have a package being sent from the US to CABA, but am being told it is held up at customs. It was shipped with FedEx, but now they're saying I need a "customs broker". To my understanding, the issue is I probably need to go pay an import tax/legal bribe. It's a work expense, so I'm alright with that, but where do I go? I don't want to deal with any more service providers. If anyone has a warehouse address or customs office address for the Ezeiza FedEx/Customs folks, that would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You will need a CUIT, either yours or someone elses.
As far as I know, it is necessary to provide the CUIL of the person to whom the package is addresed to get it out of customs, and it is only logical that a customs broker woul have provide a constancia of the CUIL of the "destinario" to comply with the rule.

The same "situation" (and what to do about it) was discussed in this thread:

Stuck At Customs....

As far as I know, it is necessary to provide the CUIL of the person to whom the package is addresed to get it out of customs, and it is only logical that a customs broker woul have provide a constancia of the CUIL of the "destinario" to comply with the rule.

The same "situation" (and what to do about it) was discussed in this thread:

Stuck At Customs....

Thanks for the feedback.

Let corporate know, their turn to work out all the broker stuffs. Knew it was a bad idea but, company policy, they wanted to mail from the head office instead of sourcing locally. Dang pain.

Never ever get anything shipped here. It's horrifically painfully. I went through this once and told my company and all my clients to never ever send me anything to Argentina. When it happened to me I waited in line 3 hours and they wanted this crazy tax amount that was worth more than the item's value. I told them to ship it back.

Back