Daily Url, Apr 11

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, 10 April

Festival de Otoño - Music of the World in Buenos Aires[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Between April 16 and 29, 2010 , a new Festival will be presented in Buenos Aires: Festival de Otoño 2010 , featuring 16 concerts in four scenarios that will bring together 10 of the most outstandi...

Casa de la Cultura[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Housed in the opulent building formerly belonging to the newspaper La Prensa , Buenos Aires' Casa de Cultura often hosts exibits as well as giving out tickets and information to various city-sponso...

Fuerza Bruta at Centro Cultural Recoleta[The Argentimes]
“Ladies and gentlemen, everything that happens here is real...There are no sets. There are no theatrical conventions. Everything has a role in the action. That means you too. So get ready.” This is th...

Decretazo: Ruling by Decree[The Argentimes]
What was once a refusal to compromise and a sign of confidence has now become a signature mark of president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner's desperation to avoid facing the opposition. In 2007, Presid...

10 Tips for Finding a Cheap Flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina[Argentina's Travel Guide]
Planning a trip to Argentina and on a budget? No one wants to pay more than they have to for airfare these days. As a person that has flown to and from Buenos Aires many times, I have narrowed down...

Friday, 09 April

Argentina Forced To Buy Euros To Avoid NY Embargoes[nasdaq]
Argentina has begun to buy Euros in the local market to control the exchange rate of the dollar relative to the peso, in a complicated move necessary to avoid the risk of having additional Central Bank funds seized in New York.

Wednesday, 07 April

Gospel Music Arrives in Buenos Aires[The Argentimes]
When I found out there was a gospel choir presenting a show in Buenos Aires innocently googling one afternoon, my first presumption was that it was a group coming over from the US. To my surprise, I f...

54 Bars: La Biela[The Argentimes]
La Biela, one of the 54 bares notables de Buenos Aires, was christened by an inebriated drag racer after he was kicked out of a bowling alley for making a scene. Following their inglorious exit, 'Beti...

Battle for The Last Jewel in Puerto Madero[InvestBA.com]
The last remaining mega-parcel in Puerto Madero must resolve zoning issues before fetching top dollar. “For Sale. Prime downtown Buenos Aires parcel ideally located in upscale Puerto ...

Argentina Teams in Recession [WSJ]
The teams are in the midst of a major decline. Boca and River finished last year's Apertura in 11th and 14th place respectively. With seven matches remaining in the Clausura, they're again mired at the foot of the table, having lost twice as many matches as they've won.

Tuesday, 06 April

Buenos Aires: The New York City of South America[LandingPadBA]
Although Buenos Aires has long been known as the “Paris of South America,” after living here for two months I’ve found it to be much more comparable to the Big Apple. Yes, the wide, tree-lined avenues...

A binge of movies[travelling Buenos Aires]
The BAFICI is back and together with it, the desperation due to the superimposed timetables, the long rows at the Abasto, the talks about movies on the subway. The BAFICI – Internationa...

The wait state[Sallycat's Adventures]
How do you cope with waiting? In April 2007 I moved out of a hostel and into my first apartment in Buenos Aires. I went to the supermarket, and found myself standing, for what seemed like hours,...

Presidential Backbone – 1st Vertebra[SaltShaker]
Having left behind our Supreme Directors with the short-lived 4 day and some hour tenure of Julian Aguirre, the government of Argentina, as a setup of various coalitions, was dissolved. I have to a...

Boca vs. River, an amazing experience[Places to visit in Argentina]
Boca Juniors and River Plate are the biggest soccer teams in Argentina, and to see a River vs Boca or Boca vs. River is a unique experience in the world. It is known that ...

Sunday, 04 April

How to Get a Certificado de Domicilio[The Buenos Aires Life]
But first, HAPPY EASTER! And happy 8 months to me...I am now into my 9th month here in BA and I'm prepping for winter...aka going SHOPPING! However, that's not so fun to blog about, so here's a how-to...

Saturday, 03 April

D'Elia restates claim for Malvinas[YouTube]
Demonstration in front of British Embassy (video).

Friday, 02 April

Mataderos Fair inaugurates 2010 Season[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
On Sunday, April 4, 2010 it will be the opening of the 24th Season of the Fair of Crafts and Popular Argentinian Traditions , better known as the Mataderos Fair , which will operate as ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back