Daily Url, Apr 20

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 20 April

Gallery Nights: First edition of 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
On Friday, April 29th, 2009 , from 7 PM , the first edition of Gallery Nights 2009 , the original circuit for art lovers around more than 60 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural c...

Sunday, 19 April

Vocab Test: What is a Telo?[micheleandtom.com]
A “ telo ” is sex hotel…but more on that later!
First, I wanted to talk about “ lunfardo ,” which is a type of slang here in Argentina that arose from Tango cultur...

Missing Dog[Buenos Aires through my eyes]
Yesterday I saw a sign next to the front door of my condo and I almost cried. It was about a missing dog. That is sad enough to make someone cry, but this sign was touching, this is what it said (...

Why is Buenos Aires called Buenos Aires?[Bananachris]
Many of the people that I’ve had asked this question in Buenos Aires answered: Oh because of the good airs (Spanish: buenos aires) that we have!. Actually it’s no because of the good air we have. We find the truth in the history of the city.

Argentina – Its enormous extensions[Bananachris]
The distance from East to West (Buenos Aires to Mendoza) is about 1080 km (675 miles) and you can do this trip in one day by car to feel the enormous extension and observe the landscapes and cruising through Argentina by car is always a big thing.

Visit Buenos Aires without leaving your chair[Global Post]
In these days of recession, everyone likes free stuff — even those fortunate enough to be able to splurge on an international vacation. Buenos Aires native Gaston Cernadas and his partners started "BA Free Tour" in ...

Saturday, 18 April

Dulce de Leche, Facturas y Tortas[The Life Less Travelled]
Argentineans are clearly fanatical about two things: meat and Dulce de Leche ("milk jam").You can't come to Argentina without hearing the word "asado" (roast), which is a technique of cooking meats - ...

Local Expert Pedro Werberg Reveals Buenos Aires’ Hidden Treasures[Buenos Aires Tips]
Pedro Werberg knows Buenos Aires inside and out. A native of Buenos Aires fluent in English, German and of course Spanish, Pedro offers guided tours that explore the hidden treasures of the city.*

Pulmon[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
My second apartment in Buenos Aires in 1999 was on Arenales. It was a high floor contrafrente which meant it had lots of light and was very quiet. This was the view from the buildings roof. I love...

CFK Gets Her Photo With Obama - Sort Of[The Argentine Post]
Argentine President Cristina Fernández got her long-sought photo with U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday - sort of. The photo, taken at the Summit of the Americas meeting in Trinidad & Tobago, is not the one-on-one that Fernández was looking for.

Camelot showroom[Buenos Aires Daily]
Camelot is both the most popular comic place in Buenos Aires and the antrum of discovery. The have sooo many things, from comics, tv series, toys, movies, mangas, etc. I’ll share other pix soon...

Friday, 17 April

ArtFutura Buenos Aires 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
ArtFutura , the festival of Digital Culture and Creativity of reference in Spain since 1990, arrives for the first time in Buenos Aires. It will be held between April 23 and April 26, 2009 , at ...

Buenos Aires Botanical Garden[Places to visit in Argentina]
The Buenos Aires Botanical Garden is located in the Palermo neighbourhood of Buenos Aires. The garden, which was declared a national monument in 1996, has a total area of 69,772 m2, and hold...

Thursday, 16 April

Ameritina[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
No one likes to be the butt of a joke. Or an object lesson. Or, really, the "before" picture (or except when that "before" picture is of early career Mickey Rourke). Sadly, Argentina is often just tha...

All eyes on Buenos Aires[FIFA.com]
When Argentinian heavyweights Boca Juniors and River Plate go head-to-head it is more than just your run-of-the-mill derby clash. Indeed, such is the transcendental status of this meeting that the Boca-River encounter is now dubbed the superclásico ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back