Daily Url, Apr 23

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, 23 April

Quaint Captivating Colonia[micheleandtom.com]
Being the incredibly together and organized people that we are, this last weekend we realized that our 90 day visa allowing us to chill in Buenos Aires was expiring, well, as of today! We h...

Wednesday, 22 April

Argentina Slams The IMF For Underestimating Data[The Argentine Post]
In an ironic case of do "Do what I say but not what I do", the Argentine government on Wednesday slammed the International Monetary Fund for underestimating Argentina’s economic data.

The Second Cities[In search of Macondo]
Long gone are the days when European footprints marked out the city plans of South America. Today, the city imprints itself on the soles of ones feet, leaving an indestinguishable mark of a journey w...

7th Buenos Aires Tango Dance Championship[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The seventh edition of the Buenos Aires City Tango Dance Championship will start on April 30, 2009 . For a whole month, until May 30, it will be possible to visit the "milongas" in the city, w...

Che’s Afterlife Author To Speak At BA Book Fair[The Argentine Post]
Michael Casey, author of the new book Che’s Afterlife: The Legacy of an Image, will be at the Buenos Aires book fair this Friday to present the book.In the book, Casey, an Australian-American.....

And Then There Were None[GoodAirs: More than a bad translation of "Buenos Aires"]
Argentine soliders frisking man at 1977 traffic stop (Source: AFP ) While Los Kirchner and Madres de Plaza de Mayo head Hebe de Bonafini have been complaining of the glacial slowness wi...

Top 10 cafes in Buenos Aires[Guardian]
In a city of coffee connoisseurs there are cafes to suit all tastes, from breakfast stops with a French twist to lazy tables in a theatre-turned-bookshop...

Argentina nabs 36 skinheads at Hitler birthday event[AFP]
Argentine police arrested 36 skinheads at an event celebrating the 120th anniversary of the birth of Nazi leader Adolf Hitler, officials told AFP on Wednesday.

Tuesday, 21 April

Government Claims Vast Ocean Area[The Argentimes]
The government has presented documents to the UN with the aim of extending Argentina’s continental platform from 200 to 350 miles from its coast. It has formally laid claim to 1.7m square kilometres o...

Burglars left evidences in my front garden[Bananachris' Blog]
I found the following tools under the leaves.These are the typical tools that burglars use to open doors without any key. In Argentina many shops have a roller door that is secures by one or various padlocks.

El Superclásico[Buenos Aires Daily]
What is Superclásico? This is Wikipedia’s definition and article: Superclásico is the name used to describe the football match in Argentina between Buenos Aires rivals Boca Juniors and River...

Daily Pic 139 : Yellow[The Silver River - Buenos Aires Daily]
Yesterday Chris and I took a long stroll. Along the way we came across and area (just near Abasto) with thousands of shops selling store manequins. It was very strange indeed. In this city it see...

The Conspiracy of the Pavements[The Life Less Travelled]
I finally saw it! I was walking through the markets by Retiro station and I finally witnessed what I had been suspecting all along.When you walk along the pavement in Buenos Aires, sooner or later you...

Monday, 20 April

Buenos Aires Housing Market Plunges[The Argentine Post]
The number of homes sold in the City of Buenos Aires in February plummeted 53.6% compared with the same month a year ago, the public notaries association, or “Colegio de Escribanos,” said....

Tonolec: Bringing Toba Music to the World[The Argentimes]
In a pair of stilettos that would turn Sarah Jessica Parker green with envy, the tiny figure of Charo Bogarín struts onto the stage, wearing a dress made of ruffles and false plaits down to her waist....

Me, Myself, and Ribeye[Outside Online]
The grill at el Boliche Viejo steak house, in the foothills along northern Patagonia's Limay River, near Bariloche, looks like something made from the recycled parts of a medieval torture chamber.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back