Daily Url, Apr 9

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday, 08 April

New Hop-on Hop-off bus service in Buenos Aires[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Starting April 23, 2009, the city of Buenos Aires will offer a new Hop-on Hop-off bus service, just like the ones existing in other big cities in the world like New York, Paris,Madrid, Barcelona, Ber...

Great Monuments of Argentina: National Historic Monument to the Flag[Places to visit in Argentina]
The National Historic Monument to the Flag (Monumento Historico Nacional a la Bandera) is a symbol monument of the city of Rosario. It is located in the Parque Nacional a la Bandera, in the ...

Cables as Strands of Hair[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
The cables hanging down from this building on Cabildo in Belgrano seem like delicate strands of hair.

Gold, silver sinks off Argentina or does it?[Associated Press]
The owners of its cargo say nearly $22 million in unrefined gold and silver went down with it, and they're asking insurer Lloyd's of London to foot the bill for the costly recovery operation.

Tuesday, 07 April

Jan-Feb Car Theft Up 6.2% In Argentina[The Argentine Post]
The number of cars stolen in Argentina in the first two months of 2009 rose 6.2% from the same period a year earlier ... The car that is most stolen is the Fiat Duna.

Retiro[In search of Macondo]
On the outskirts of Buenos Aires, the airport departure lounge is filled with a cloud of melancholy, surrounding those whose time is regrettably up. A few miles away stand their counterparts, lackin...

safety vs. security[Yillabean]
b.a. is dangerous but it's not the danger you're thinking of. sure, with every city there are pickpocketing, muggings and that sort of thing. thank god i haven't experienced this side of b.a. but i ...

Driving through the streets of Buenos Aires[Places to visit in Argentina]
Traveling Buenos Aires is beautiful, the city has many places to visit, but also driving through the streets of the city shows Buenos Aires from another angle. In my Blog I have shown photos of ...

Monday, 06 April

You May Need Certain Vaccinations if Traveling to Other Parts of Argentina[Buenos Aires Tips]
If you are taking a trip to Argentina and don’t plan on leaving Buenos Aires, you probably don’t need any special vaccinations. However you may need certain vaccinations if you will be...

One perfect Sunday[Sallycat's Adventures]
Somewhere, buried in a whirlwind fortnight of fruitless trips to Migraciones, buggered laptop hard drives and testing nicotine withdrawals, was a perfect Sunday: Me and C. keen to hit the streets...

Making Friends in BA[Buenos Aires Tips]
Are you traveling to Buenos Aires alone? Would you like to meet people to hang out with? Here are a few tips on how to make friends in Buenos Aires. In my experience, one of the best ways to mak...

Slippers and Price Tags[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Photos of Buenos Aires]
This window display on Avenida de Mayo seems to have gone a little overboard with their price tags

Sunday, 05 April

Kiss closes Quilmes Rock[The Argentimes]
With a spectacular performance by Kiss, the Quilmes Rock festival ended in front of 54,000 people. Throngs of people, many with painted faces like those of the North American band performing, gathered...

Magazine Cover Highlights Argentina’s Crossroads[The Argentine Post]
The shocking cover of this week’s Noticias, Argentina’s leading news magazine, highlights the cultural, political and social crossroads at which Argentina finds itself following the recent...

Photo reel from El Chaltén[The Life Less Travelled]
After a freezing night at the base-camp of Cerro Torre I woke to find it hiding cowardly behind a think traffic of slow-moving clouds. Cerro Torre was once thought to be the world's hardest mo...

Wine Guy: Argentina and Malbecs[Miami New Times]
Malbec is inexpensive and easy to produce, so even though not every Malbec you find is going to be a good one, there are a lot more good bottles widely available at a good price. It's because of all this that a lot of wine experts believe Malbec will eventually eclipse Merlot in terms of popularity in America.

Financial Fate, in Each Country’s Hands [NY Times]
Here’s a scary thought in the midst of the financial crisis. Although there was a time when Argentina and the United States were serious economic rivals, that changed with the Great Depression.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back