Daily Url, Aug 08

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sunday, 08 August

Sian Lloyd crosses the Andes to find a Welsh connection[dailymail.co.uk]
'But how on earth can you cross the Andes by boat?' We were sitting in a jumbo jet on the icy tarmac at Heathrow ...

Saturday, 07 August

buenos aires: ciae architecture 2[line of sight]
The CIAE ensured that Juan Chiogna ’s Romanesque Revival spread throughout Buenos Aires plus its southern suburbs & remains a distinct feature of the urban area. Buildings appeared on three...

Friday, 06 August

One Night at ......[TangoSpam:La Vida Con Deby]
It was really no shock to see my expenses for the month. They went up again. I could rent an apartment for what my expenses cost me. In 5 years they have increased by $500 pesos. Next month they ...

No frills online[2sporks1cup.com]
Bought to you by Dodgy Planet – a scabs guide. A nasty crust is creeping in and signs of chronic slackers disease are beginning to show. Not quite bed sores from faffing around, but clear symptoms of ...

buenos aires: ciae architecture 1[line of sight]
With financial needs met, a concession from Buenos Aires granted & service scheduled to begin in 1914, Carosio hired Juan Chiogna to build fantastic covers for CIAE generators & substat...

No Blondes on the Bus[Romancing Argentina]
Lately I’ve been using public transportation often here in San Nicolas de los Arroyos, and I’ve noticed a few things: 1) No blondes on the bus . I AM the blonde on the bus, even though my hair...

Upcoming Concerts in Buenos Aires[Discover Buenos Aires]
Just wanted to share a great site that I found which lists all upcoming shows in Argentina – FechaDeBandas (Dates of Bands). I’ve long been looking for something like this, and h...

Actualización Mapa Red[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Subte is the Argentine word for Subway. Here is the Buenos Aires Subte Map: 5. Mercado Libre (free market) Do you ever think, ‘hmmm, I really could use a new pair of socks, but I ...

Thursday, 05 August

Most Argentines Disapprove of Cristina, Opposition[The Argentine Post]
A new opinion poll released this week indicates that a majority of Argentines disapprove of the way both President Cristina Fernandez and opposition parties are doing their jobs. The survey,...

The Joy of Driving in Buenos Aires[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
I absolutely love driving in Buenos Aires. Although it looks very chaotic, in fact it isn’t : every car that is in front of you has the right of way. So in fact you must only look ahead, see wh...

BA Barracas: Industrial Memories[The Argentina Independent]
Amie Tsang explores what Barracas, home to the rich in the 19th century before the yellow fever epidemic swept them all to the north of the city, has to offer in the 21st century.

Biking in Buenos Aires[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
I think we’d all agree that Buenos Aires is pretty well-served by public transport. The subte is very cheap and convenient, taxis are relatively cheap too and ridiculously plentiful, and once you ...

Bottom Shelf Booze, Rum[LandingPadBA]
Welcome to LandingPadBA.com’s Guide to Bottom Shelf Booze! In this era of global economic crisis, everyone is in search of ways to save a few pennies. One of the easiest ways to do so is to vent...

5 favorite ways to get robbed[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
5. Pull out your iphone on the subway and start speaking English. Even if no one suspected it before, when you start speaking English…they know. They know you are a foreigner, and pe...

Wednesday, 04 August

Rock de Acá: a History of Argentine Rock ‘n Roll[The Argentina Independent]
John Rodiño talks to rock and roll historian, radio host and author Ezequiel Abalos about his third book, a complete history of the turbulent beginnings of Argentine rock 'n roll: 'rock nacional'.

5 favorite first world luxuries[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
5. Self-igniting stovetops! Long gone are the days of flipping a switch to ignite a stove. In some backwards evolution I had to learn how to light a stove with a match and find my oven’s...

Buenos Aires on Black & White[Samsung Imaging]
Though I’m a big fan of color photography, this time I just wanted to post some black and white photos. I hope you like them :)

Tuesday, 03 August

Dirty War Journalist Given Honorary Citizenship[The Argentina Independent]
The Argentine government has declared Robert Cox, a British journalist and former editor of ‘The Buenos Aires Herald’, an “Illustrious Citizen of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires” for h...

2010 Tango Buenos Aires Festival and World Dance Competition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The 2010 Tango Buenos Aires Festival and World Dance Competition , organized by the Ministry of Culture of Buenos Aires, will be held between August 13 and 31, 2010.

Expat Tech: Watch Netflix and Hulu from Argentina[Discover Buenos Aires]
I had previously written about downloading or streaming US television shows and movies while in Buenos Aires , but as that article is now almost a year and a half old, I’ve been meaning to ...

Buenos Aires: Why Are You Here?[Gringo in Buenos Aires]
It’s a puzzle to many Argentinean people. Why do so many people from so-called ‘first world’ countries such as the UK and the USA choose to leave those countries and live in Buenos Aires instead? ...

Monday, 02 August

Five Must-See Argentine Films[Sounds and Colours]
There are almost as many Argentine movies about the military dictatorship of the 70’s and the disappeared as there are Spanish movies about transsexuals. Granted, some of them are pretty good ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back