Daily Url - Aug 15th

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Monday, 15 August 2011

Recommended Concerts July through December, 2011[BA Travel Guide]
Numerous international concerts have already been announced for the second half of the year 2011 in Buenos Aires. Since tickets for some of the biggest ones (like Aerosmith and Eric Clapton) are...

Heat Map: New Construction in Buenos Aires[InvestBA]
New construction in Buenos Aires rose 37% in the first half of the year according to a new study from Urbeos, a geo-marketing firm that analyzes GIS data for urban investment opportunities. The...

Ugi's Index - August 2011[Buenos Aires Photographer]
The price of an Ugi's pizza is now up to 19 pesos. Back in 2000 it was just 2 pesos so we've almost reached an order of magnitude increase. That said, the increase from last year's price of 16 pesos...

Sunday, 14 August 2011

Maraton Reebok 10K[The Gill Family]
Last Sunday marked quite a few firsts for me. My first 10K, my first race in Buenos Aires, and my first competitive run since Gretchen was born. Recently, I remarked to my friend Adena that I...

The 2011 Buenos Aires’ Tango Festival[Wander Argentina]
The 2011 Buenos Aires World Tango Festival, now in its 11th addition runs from August 16th until August 30th. This year’s festival is a few days shorter in duration than last year’s event but it...

argentina: elecciones primarias[Line of Sight]
Something new on the political front: for the first time in history, primary elections will be held in Argentina. As the video below explains, official candidates for each political party (or the new...

The Shed[SaltShaker]
Shopping for food is not as simple as it used to be. An increasing number of people are questioning the origins of their food and the free-range and organic markets are growing.” - Birgit Ottermann,...

Friday, 12 August 2011

La Competencia y La Envidiosa de Las Mujeres (Jealousy and Competition Between Women)[TangoSpam]
Living in Argentina has opened my eyes to experiences I never dreamed of. Although I considered myself street savvy, I have walked into situations completely blind. The competition between women...

Slutwalk Argentina[The Argentina Independent]
When a Canadian police officer told women to strop dressing like sluts so as not to be victimised, there was a global outcry. Many took to the streets in a 'slutwalk' protest. The phenomenon hits...

Thursday, 11 August 2011

On Down the Museum Mile[SaltShaker]
Architecture is the art of how to waste space.” - Philip Johnson, architect Next up on the Museum Mile walk that I started in the last post is the Museo de Arquitectura y Diseño de la Sociedad...

Buenos Aires Subway or Subte[LandingPadBA]
Taking the subway for the first time in Buenos Aires? Hear our top 5 tips for positioning, vocabulary and attitude to prepare yourself for rush hour.

What You Need to Know Before Purchasing Real Estate in Argentina[Spotlight Buenos Aires]
Albert Einstein had an IQ in excess of 160, studied quantum physics and formulated the theory of relativity. But even in all his brilliance, he would have had a hard time understanding the process of...

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Argentines Play Paddle – Does the USA Have This?[Expat Argentina]
When I first came to Buenos Aires, Argentina, I came across a type of mini tennis which I had never seen before. The game is called paddle. I have played tennis my entire life but never had the...

Football Soccer in Buenos Aires - Calendar of matches "Torneo Apertura 2011"[BA Travel Guide]
The fixture of football (soccer) matches in Buenos Aires for the second half of the year 2011 has been announced. It comprises the matches in the "National Tournament 2001/21021", "Torneo Apertura...

Monday, 08 August 2011

Personal Fest 2011 – Update![Discover Buenos Aires]
After some initial false rumors about Personal Fest coming back to Buenos Aires in February 2011, we now have confirmation that the music festival will indeed be returning for the first time since...

Ice-skating rink in Recoleta[Buenos Aires 4U]
A few days ago a new ice-skating rink was opened in the prestigious neighborhood of Recoleta in Buenos Aires and it is all free, a good news for the lovers of this sport. Taking advantage of the...

Marching the Museum Mile[SaltShaker]
I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms from the statues that are in all the other museums.” - Steven Wright, comedian A bit over a year ago the local government created a...

Sunday, 07 August 2011

Half a moon[Katti99]
It always amazes me how so many Argentines know, and agree, that the best medialunas in Argentina are the ones at Atalaya in Chascomús. One only needs to mention the name of the town “Chascomús” and...

Saturday, 06 August 2011

Argentina: Add Spice & Feel Your Oats![Romancing Argentina]
Chili peppers and oatmeal may be the most notable "cultural markers" of my culinary life here. Northern friends who visit are always surprised by the lack of hot and spicy Argentine dishes. And if...

Now What Argentina[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
I recently discovered an amazing multi-media website that captures some particularly interesting dynamics and stories of Argentina post economic collapse. The site is the project of UNC-Chapel Hill...

Friday, 05 August 2011

Film, city and travel: three to love[Travelling Buenos Aires]
“Others go to the movies and dominate situations, know more on New York than Lennon,” Uruguayan troubadour Jaime Roos used to sing. It’s true: the film is one of the best ways to travel without...

Bank (In)Security[Discover Buenos Aires]
My Argentine bank has an interesting security feature when making certain transactions on their website. It asks you to identify siblings and parents before allowing you to make the transaction....

Thursday, 04 August 2011

To escape from the usual[Katti99]
It is a fact that food in Argentina is genuinely good. As everybody in the world knows, even those who have never been to Argentina, the meat is the best in the world. And the way they prepare it,...

How To Make Sour Cream in Buenos Aires[Expat Argentina]
Many an expat complains about how few food products exist here in Argentina, making many dishes difficult to make. Many different types of cakes, cheesecakes, quote unquote ethnic foods and so forth...

Tuesday, 02 August 2011

Argentine DNI for Foreigners[Seashells and Sunflowers]
As promised, I'm back with the skinny on how to obtain an Argentine DNI for Foreigners, your key to the kingdom as an expat in Argentina. DNI para Extranjeros | National Identity Document for...

Monday, 01 August 2011

Mandatory Voting in Argentina[Expat Argentina]
Yesterday in Buenos Aires (Capital Federal, or CABA (Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires)) there were mayoral elections. So I got drunk with some friends at a birthday party. YES! Keep in mind though we...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back