Daily Url, Aug 28

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Friday, 28 August

Argentina Exchange Calls for Lifting Capital Controls[Bloomberg]
Argentina’s stock exchange called on the government to lift capital controls that caused it to become the only major Latin America market classified as “frontier,” adding the move may help lure $10 billion in foreign investment.

Thursday, 27 August

Escuela Moria Casan - Formacion de Vedettes[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Moria Casan is an aging movie and TV star who looks like a cross between Cher and a horse. She has her own school where, in all seriousness, it looks like you can learn many different dances and t...

Villa 31 - 5 Stories and Growing[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
There's an article in today's Clarin about the ongoing construction of 5+ story buildings in Villa 31 , the shantytown literally on the wrong side of the tracks, just behind the Retiro bus statio...

Argentina May Legalize Online Gambling[Gambling Review]
Cabinet Chief Anibal Fernandez stated that the government will soon introduce legislation that would legalize and regulate online gambling throughout the country. It is in sharp contrast to just last year, when ...

Wednesday, 26 August

teaching english in b.a.[Yillabean]
this is my last week of teaching. before moving here i wanted to know more about teaching english in buenos aires but i couldn't find specific information and stories. it was the initial motivator f...

Drugs Decriminalized in Argentina[LandingPadBA.com]
It’s official. Argentina has decriminalized the consumption and possession of small amounts of narcotics. But how did this decision come about? And what does it really mean? Will travelers to Argentin...

Gallery Nights August 2009 Edition[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
On Friday, August 28st, 2009 , from 7 PM , a new edition of Gallery Nights 2009 , the original circuit for art lovers around more than 60 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural cent...

Tuesday, 25 August

Argentina’s Supreme Court ‘Legalizes’ Marijuana[The Argentine Post]
Argentina’s Supreme Court on Tuesday ruled unanimously that it is unconstitutional to punish adults for consuming marijuana as long as doing so doesn’t put anyone else at risk.

Pepsi Music 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Pepsi Music 2009 , one of the most important music festivals in Argentina, will take place this year on the last weekend of October and the first weekend of November, at Club Ciudad de Buenos Ai...

Who’s the guy on the horse?[LandingPadBA.com]
Any visitor to Buenos Aires arrives with a number of questions.* Where am I?* Where am I going? How did I get there?* How much is the peso worth today?* Was that really Spanish he was speaking?* What ...

Stallman Takes His Free-Software Crusade to Argentina[NY Times]
Two whirlwinds blew into Buenos Aires this week: the hundreds of Wikipedia supporters, editors and administrators here for their annual Wikimania conference, and the free-software activist Richard Stallman, who was in town as part of his never-ending tour of the globe to promote his cause.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back