Daily Url, Dec 6

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sunday, 06 December

BA celebrates National Tango Day [necn.com]
Buenos Aires celebrated National Tango Day on Saturday with hundreds of dancers putting their best foot forward on the famed Avenida de Mayo...

Saturday, 05 December

Just say Hola[Buenos Aires through my eyes]
I was on my way to visit a friend when I decided I was going to buy some pastries for the tea. I was not in my neighborhood so I entered in the first bakery I saw.  The counter was right across...

Robbed at long last[La Vida Desconocida]
I've managed to make it a long time without getting robbed. In the U.S. my apartment was broken into on 9/11/1 - one of the lowest crime rate days in U.S. history - and my car stereo and CDs were stol...

Gallery Nights Decemer 2009 - Special Edition in Palermo[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
On Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 , from 7 PM , Gallery Nights , the original circuit for art lovers around more than 35 art galleries, antique shops, museums and cultural centers, presents thi...

Friday, 04 December

A Colectivo Catcall[The Buenos Aires Life]
Yesterday I got hit on by a bus. No, not hit BY a bus, hit ON by a bus. Biiiiiig difference. I was on my way to the parks to go running, and as I was crossing a major avenue a bus (the number 12, I be...

La Selección Given Favourable Draw for South Africa[The Argentimes]
The Argentina National Football Team were given a boost in Cape Town on Friday, after the official draw for the 2010 World Cup gave them a relatively straightforward path to the knock out rounds. Dieg...

Thursday, 03 December
photos: fabric row[Yillabean]

Taken in the Once area on Lavalle, between Pueyrredon and Pasteur.
Horse Racing: Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini 2009[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The Gran Premio Internacional Carlos Pellegrini , the most important classic race in the Argentine horse racing calendar, and one of the oldest in the history of Latin American turf, will take p...

Former President Makes a Comeback in Argentina[NY Times]
Just six months ago Néstor Kirchner, a former Argentine president, was left for politically dead after he suffered an embarrassing second-place finish in congressional elections...

Wednesday, 02 December

11 pesos of happiness[Yillabean]
there is no doubt that i love argentine ice cream. for how much i complain about the food here, ice cream kinda makes up for it (kinda). on the days where i have no appetite and i don't eat three me...

Protests Heat Up in Buenos Aires[Blog]
(People camping/hanging out in the middle of Av de Mayo) Today, I went down to Plaza de Mayo & 9 de Julio (downtown Buenos Aires) to check out what all the commotion was about on the news ...

riding the colectivo part 4: Permiso, Yo Bajo![The Buenos Aires Life]
Welcome to the final installment of Riding the Colectivo! So far we’ve covered the Guia-T , bus stop behavior , and how to get on the bus without looking like a silly gringo or losing a limb . Yay!...

Free concerts by Buenos Aires Symphonic Band[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
Throughout the month of December 2009, the Buenos Aires Symphonic Band, conducted by Lito Vitale and Jose Luis Cladera, will offer a series of open air concerts, all of them free of charge.

Buenos Aires Technology District: An Interesting Option for Tech Companies[Investing and Doing Business in Argentina]
Today I met with Carlos Pirovano, the Undersecretary of Investments for the City of Buenos Aires to learn about the Buenos Aires Technology District. The district is a 200 hectare zone that circles Pa...

Buenos Aires maps[travelling Buenos Aires]
On the Internet, information can be shown in different ways. From a plain text on a white background to those pages full of animations and multimedia content. The official tourism site of Buenos ...

Brian Byrnes Describes CNN’s ‘Backstory’ on Argentina’s Forensic Anthropology Team[The Argentine Post]
There have been many, many stories told about Argentina’s horrific 1976-1983 “Dirty War,” when the military ruled the country with an iron fist, squashing any dissident voices. At...

(Not quite) History in the making…[The Argentimes]
The grooms, Alex Freyre and José María Di Bello. So. The pieces had been set. Everything seemed to be coming together and it looked as if it was finally gonna happen. Gay ...

Las Cañitas at Night[Buenos Aires Photographer - Big Pics of BA]
Las Cañitas and Palermo at night at a friend's place on the 24th floor. The photo is a 30 second exposure with my SLR. I rested the camera on top of an English dictionary balanced on the window's ...

Tuesday, 01 December

photos: Villa Crespo & Chacarita[Yillabean]
today i went on a walk through Villa Crespo and Chacarita . in my opinion both are not tourist neighborhoods. i base my rationale on the number of whistles and odd men behavior i encountered toda...

BUSTED! Legal Advice, part 1[LandingPadBA]
Most travelers seek fun and adventure while touring throughout Argentina. But what is one to do if their adventures lead them into a sticky legal situation? We sat down Dr. GastĂłn M. Marano, from MGR...

Focus on Kosher McDonalds[Yeah That's Kosher.com]
This is the only Kosher McDonalds in the world outside of Israel. Buenos Aires is known for it’s meat and the McDonald’s does not disappoint...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back