Daily URL: Dec 9

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 09 December

The Dakar rally 2009 Argentina - Chile[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The 2009 Dakar will take place in Argentina and Chile from the 3rd to the 18th of January, in an amazing course of 9000 km including 6000 of specials between Buenos Aires, Valparaiso and Buenos Ai...

Looking At Just How Bad It is[The Argentine Post]
The Daily Kos last week posted this graph showing just how unusually bad the U.S. stock market decline has been so far this year. The blocks are average returns for the year in question. On t...

Monday, 08 December

10 Things Expats In BA Should Take Advantage Of[Expedition Evan]
I wrote this up over the weekend for MiniHostels , but I think it’s great stuff to have for anyone looking to live as an expat in Buenos Aires.* Some of these are specific to here, but anyone ...

Daily Pic 51 : Demolition[The Silver River]
All over Buenos Aires, there are building sites with older buildings being pulled down to make way for high rise apartment buildings. Often you can see evidence of the homes that were once housed with...

Japanese Art Festival[My Buenos Aires Travel Guide]
The festival will take place at Centro Cultural Borges to commemorate the 110 years of the Friendship, Commerce and Navigation Treaty between Argentina and Japan. Around 500 works of Japanese ar...

Long Live the King![SaltShaker]
We shall reign with righteousness, for the benefits and happiness of the Siamese people.&

Madonna[The Silver River]
We saw Madonna at the River Plate Stadium last night, it was brilliant.
She sang, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, which was a real treat! The crowd loved it. The crowd in general were very different from...

Random Observations: Weeks 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, & 18[Discover Buenos Aires]
Yep, as the title shows, it’s been awhile since we’ve posted any of our random observations. Why you may ask?* I think it’s a combination of having too much work to do as well as be...

Argentine automakers to sell at cost, protect jobs[Reuters]
Argentine automakers will sell basic models at cost through state-subsidized loans in a plan to protect jobs in Latin America's third-biggest economy from the global economic slowdown...

Argentinian workers take over factory and run it themselves[NewStatesMan]
Naomi Klein and Avi Lewis report on how Argentina's worker-run factories have nurtured a powerful social movement...

Madonna's $1 million hotel bill[ContactMusic.com]
The singer spent the incredible sum at the exclusive Four Seasons resort in Buenos Aires, while she performed a string of gigs in the city...

Sunday, 07 December

Motorcycle Helmets on the Elbow[micheleandtom.com]
Motorcycle/Scooter helmet law in Baires requires that you have a helmet on your person, but you don’t necessarily have to wear it on your head! I know…weird.
Generally, you see these p...

I love Tina[Yillabean]
It's Tina and my 2 week anniversary! (argenTINA) I had a really wonderful day. Today made up for my bought of sadness yesterday. The people in the room next to me were loud last night. The ha...

Daily Pic 50 : Florida[The Silver River]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back