Daily URL - December 26th

webteam

Administrator
Saturday, 24 December 2011

British Prime Minister Takes Firm Stand on Falkland Islands[The Argentina Independent] Share/BookmarkIn a holiday message to the residents of the Falkland Islands yesterday, British Prime Minister David Cameron essentially closed the door on negotiations with Argentina over the...

Friday, 23 December 2011

Foto of the Week: Jesus Statue in Purmamarca[Wander Argentina] A statue of the crucifixion of Jesus in the colorful town of Purmamarca, Jujuy. Located along the polychromatic Cerro de los Siete Colores (Seven-Colored Hill), Purmamarca was conquered by the...
http://investba.com/2011/12/uruguay-welcomes-visitor-number-3-million-wife-kids-dog/
The Good Doctor: An interview with Felipe Contepomi[The Argentina Independent] These are heady days for Argentine rugby, and there is one man who has been a key element of recent successes and in the rise of the Pumas to the world elite. Mark Orton talks to captain, Felipe...

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Best Beer Selection in BA[The Argentina Independent] New beer writer Aaron Brown visits the Centro de Cata de Cervezas, a San Telmo-based Beer Tasting Centre, a place he claims has the best selection of beers in the city.

Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Salta/Jujuy: Day 1 - Salta City[The Gill Family] This year, the Argentina government added a whole bunch of extra days to their already ample holiday calendar (totaling 14 non-workday holidays in 2011, wow!). For the first set of added holidays,...

Monday, 19 December 2011

19 y 20 – Photos from December 2001 Riots[Gringo Starr] Something a little more sober than usual today. Today and tomorrow mark the tenth anniversary of the marches and riots that took place all over Argentina in 2001 protesting against the effects of the...

Festival of Lights in Buenos Aires[Buenos Aires 4U] Buenos Aires was founded and built on its rich mix of immigrant communities. Argentinean legislation encourages cultural diversity which is prevalent with their traditions; religion; language in the...

Saturday, 17 December 2011

La Casa de Los Secretos[Katti99] Magdalena Ruiz Guiñazo is a Argentine journalist who has a column in la Nación and in Perfíl. She also hosts a radio show “Magdalena Tempranísimo” on Radio Continental, between 6 and 9 am. I came to...

Friday, 16 December 2011

70th Argentine Pato - Horseball Championship[BA Travel Guide] The Final of the 70th Argentine Horseball Championship(Abierto Argentino de Pato), the most important tournamentof this sport in Argentina, will take place on Sunday, December 18th, 2011 in...

What to do in Buenos Aires: Off the Beaten Path[LandingPadBA] Travelers visiting Buenos Aires have infinite options when touring the city’s countless sights and destinations. This enormous city boasts five-star hotels and gourmet restaurants, tons of green...

El rincón cultural – What a country![Rabner in Argentina] Though this is going to be more a cultural post (and my last post for the next 10 days) I can’t resist the opportunity to throw in a little language stuff in the process. As the title alludes to,...

El rincón idiomático – It’s in the bag![Rabner in Argentina] You may recall that a month or two ago I did a post on the word for “suitcase”. I had always used the word la maleta for a suitcase, having lived in Spain, and, having arrived here with so many...

Buenos Aires Plays Host to Forum Promoting Chinese Investment in Argentina[InvestBA] Bliateral relations between Argentina and China are strong and getting stronger thanks to this week’s Forum to Promote Chinese Investment in Argentina held at the Palacio San Martin in Buenos Aires....

Thursday, 15 December 2011

Crash course in Lunfardo[Buenos Aires 4U] If you have studied Spanish before or experienced other Spanish speaking cultures, you will probably notice many differences in the way Argentineans speak. In Buenos Aires, the Porteños dialect is...

Foto of the Week: Flowers in Bariloche[Wander Argentina] The hills around Lake Nahuel Huapi in Bariloche explode with the vibrant colors of wildflowers late into the season.

El rincón idiomático – No WAY!?[Rabner in Argentina] “Way, Garth”. Please forgive my tasteless reference to 90′s cinema but after posting the title I just HAD to write that. Now, I’m not sure if what I’m going to explain to you is exactly accurate but...

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Tips to enjoy Christmas and New Year in Buenos Aires (PART II)[Buenos Aires 4U] Continuing on from last week’s blog on what to do in Buenos Aires for New Year’s Eve and Christmas, here are some tips on surviving and enjoying the festivities in Buenos Aires. • As Christmas is a...
http://rabnerinargentina.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/el-rincon-idiomatico-you-got-played/
Monday, 12 December 2011

Places to Eat in Buenos Aires: Part 1 “Trendy”[LandingPadBA] We will be reviewing 3 restaurants in a 5 part series and briefing you about the strengths, weaknesses and highlights of each establishment. This article’s focus: “Trendy” Quick Summary Attire Food...

El rincón cultural – Buen día, mate![Rabner in Argentina] OK, so in reading this post my guess is that you looked at it as a combo Spanish/Australian English phrase, right? G-day, mate (as in Aussie check MATE)! Well, no… sort of. I wanted to remind...

http://rabnerinargentina.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/el-rincon-idiomatico-i-hate-the-yanquis/Sunday, 11 December 2011

350 years of "La Manzana de las Luces"[BA Travel Guide] Manzana de las Luces is the name of the historic block of buildings comprised by the streets Alsina, Moreno, Bolivar and Peru, in the neighborhood of San Telmo. It has historically been, and still...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back