Daily Url, Mar 12

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Friday, 11 March

Buenos Aires Birth Day[The Gill Family]
As promised, I am going to weigh in on what it was like to have a baby here in Buenos Aires. Let me spoil the ending by saying that it was a very good experience. As with my Pregnancy Abroad post ...

Under The Skin: Tattoos in Argentina[The Argentina Independent]
As last weekend's tattoo convention proved, Argentines have a love affair with a long-lasting fashion statement: tattoos.

Dance Flaws[Señor Suitcase]
What is tango to you? a) neon crazy juice for the under eights, advertised by a man in orange body paint; b) the name of your local tanning salon; c) a large helping of leg spaghetti ...

Argentine Judge Dismisses Charges Against US In Plane Case[WSJ]
The decision comes almost a month after relations between the countries deteriorated after allegations that the U.S. tried to smuggle undeclared firearms, surveillance equipment and "various doses of morphine" into Argentina for ulterior motives.

Thursday, 10 March

Old Boys Toys[The Argentina Independent]
Some people go crazy over sports, others delicious food. Some over music and others - no, not cars but instead, just to be original - over trains: model trains!

US Embassy "Lobbies for Pesticide Use in Argentina"[The Argentina Independent]
The United States defended the use of the pesticide glyphosate to Senasa authorities, the organization responsible for ensuring and certifying the health and quality of agricultural production in Arge...

Argentina's inflation fuels spend-fast credit boom[Reuters]
Use of credit cards and personal loans in Argentina is surging as double-digit inflation encourages spending over saving. That helped stoke economic growth last year of about 9 percent, one of Latin America's fastest rates.

How Argentina torpedoed Uruguay’s FTA with the US, according to Wikileaks[Mercopress]
Although in public former Argentine president Nestor Kirchner was supportive of Uruguay’s negotiations for a free trade agreement (FTA) with the United States, members of his cabinet warned the US embassy in Buenos Aires ...

Wednesday, 09 March

Ten Tips for Hitchhiking in Argentina[Wander Argentina]
Hitchhiking is legal throughout Argentina and is making a comeback among young backpackers. In some areas locals hitchhike everyday as it is the only mode of transport available. Be ready for anyt...

Global X Funds Launches First Argentina ETF[InvestBA.com]
Exchange-Traded Funds or ETFs have grown in popularity in recent years as small investors seek to diversify and capitalize on growth opportunities in emerging markets. Generally designed to track a sp...

Buenos Aires Shopping and Fashion, Knitwear[LandingPadBA]
As Buenos Aires nights start to cool down, and we inch ever so slowly towards winter, new collections full of cozy sweaters and long sleeves are appearing at all of the city’s major brand stores. When...

Presidential Backbone – 7th Vertebra[SaltShaker]
Back in the saddle, or I suppose, on the hoof, again, picking up from where I left off in the heart of Barrio Flores at Plaza Pueyrredón … there’s actually light at the end of t...

buenos aires: invasion or destruction?[line of sight]
In a recent La Nación article , Marcelo Stiletano seemed upset that Buenos Aires is great for science-fiction movie PR but apparently not good enough to be invaded or destroyed on screen. ...

Tuesday, 08 March

Argentina slaps tariffs on China-made goods[AFP/Google News]
Argentina cracked down hard Wednesday against problem imports, including a well-known leggy blonde: the Barbie doll.

Monday, 07 March

buenos aires: las comunas & the census[line of sight]
Buenos Aires celebrates its 431 st birthday this June, but in many ways the city is still young & taking its first steps. Just look at local politics; Buenos Aires is experiencing growing pa...

$300,000 will buy you the tomb next to Evita Peron's[Vancouver Sun]
Potential buyers can have up to 20 family members interred in the mausoleum next to the black marbled monument in Buenos Aires that houses the late first lady of Argentina.

Sunday, 06 March

photo essay: buenos aires clouds[line of sight]

Saturday, 05 March

5 Favorite Argentine Love Songs[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
Love is in the air long after Valentines Day. Here are a few love songs that I’m singing along with …. ps – these aren’t necessarily by Argentine artists, but all can be h...

Friday, 04 March

Stolen babies and Argentina's Dirty War[argen-times]
Jorge Videla, left and Reinaldo Bignone. Two former dictators of Argentina, along with six other ex-military figures have gone on trial this week accused of stealing up to 500 new...

Thursday, 03 March

Why I Don't Have Any Argentine Girl Friends[.My.Beautiful.Air.]
While I really like boys, I have to say that my female friendships have been very significant and important in my life. From my childhood playmates, to my girl scout troop to my college sorority &#82...

Wednesday, 02 March

BA Lifestyle Trends Reflected in Real Estate[InvestBA.com]
What happens when your residential square footage practically doubles while your population stays roughly unchanged over a decade? Well, in the case of Buenos Aires, the real estate market thrives, ne...

Tuesday, 01 March

Rufina Cambaceres – A Tragic & Beautiful Tale[Gringo Starr]
Visitors to Recoleta Cemetery usually have one priority, to see the grave of Eva Perón. In fact to the average visitor to Argentina she is the only “name” that the cemetery has to offer. ...

Carmina Burana - a ballet[Why on earth did I move to Argentina?]
In Buenos Aires there are often free concerts organised. From Ballet to Classical music and other performances or cultural activities. This week there was a ballet performance by the contemporary ba...

Academia Nacional Del Tango[La Milonga Del 126]
I contacted a Tango historian named Christine Denniston after finding her highly recommended web site called The History of Tango.com ...

Monday, 28 February

Insider’s Tips for Living in Buenos Aires, Part II[LandingPadBA]
I love living in Buenos Aires for many reasons, most of them being the little differences you experience here. If you are living in an apartment for your stay here in Buenos Aires there are a few thin...

Sunday, 27 February

Subway Pass Commissions[Harmony and Dissonance]
For over a year now I've been sporadically doing drawings on the backs of Argentine Subway passes. Sometimes they're of people I see, other times they're based off of images I find, and s...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
W Daily URL 0
Back